Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ranking inflation for new members?

Any reason why I see new members with one post have Exalted Contributor already?  (Which is the MAX!)

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/162964

Typically I used to see New member, then Occasional visitor (with no change but time going by).

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
JohnJ Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Ranking inflation for new members?

Hi Dennis,  

We're working through an issue with the ranking formula, especially as it relates to the Jive/Protect724 migration.  The issue is related to how the data from Jive mapps into the HPE /  SW ranking formula for the community..  I expect to have an update late this week, as we will probably need to test the fix before we push to the environment.

John

John
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Was this going to be fixed?  I still see members with ranks that seem inappropriate.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Dennis -  The rank formula / structure was fixed in July.   If you see examples where it doesn't make sense, let me know.

In fact we recently updated the rank model to separate those meembers who have zero logins (which reduced the number of people with higher ranks in the community.

Do you havee any examples?

John

John
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Anyone with acclaimed that doesn't have 1000 of kudos?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

The rank formula takes into account more than just Kudos.  It factors in number of Accepted Solutions (heavily), along with Kudos and Replies.    

We're actually in the process of evaluating the rank model, and recent data shows that the "Acclaimed Contributors" have on average - 203 kudos each and over 110 Accepted solutions.    

Appreciate your feedback, we want to make sure the rank model is fair and rewards the right behavior.

John

John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.