Highlighted
Super Contributor.. kUMters Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Subscription to get notifications is missing

Hi all, 

I'm not able to find how to subscribe to get notifications for half of the GROUPS/SUBFORUMS in Arcsight category. More than half of the groups/subformus is missing option to configure them for user notifications, bookmarks etc.

As you can see on screenshots, subforum DISCUSSIONS is OK, subforum QUESTIONS is BAD.

I think that there is many of us that work with portal based on notifications, withou notifications we are not able to know what is new, how to help/reply to question, etc.

Persnaly right now this portal is very very useless for me becase it's missing subscription for notifications for ArcSight questions subforum...

So please can you add this funcionality as soon as possible? Or If this funcionality is hidden on different place of this  portal, can you please give us guide how to add this subscription/notification?

Thank you very much

PJ

__
Solution Security Architect
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Subscription to get notifications is missing

Hi PJ,

There were some issues with regards to subscriptions. This is being worked on by the migration team and we hope this will get resolved as soon as possible.

I agree notifications is key. To see up notifications on this platform you can do it at a board level or at a post level.

At a board level ( Discussions for example) you will see in the middle "Topic Options", click on that and then select "Subscribe". If the board is public viewable then you can also 'Subscribe to RSS feeds". If the board is private then this is not possible.

At a post level you can subscribe to the post by opening the post and then clicking on "Options" and then select "Subscribe".

You can see your subscriptions and your notifications that you have setup in your profile.  once in your profile click on "My subscriptions" and you will see what you have subscribed to, plus there is also an option to view your notification settings an email format.

There is a FAQ section that you might want to check out. Here is the link.

Here is the direct link to a FAQ on subscriptions and notifications .

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sorry PJ, forgot one thing to mention.

The topic option in the Q&A is indeed missing. We hope to get the added as soon as possible.

We have already mentioned that to the migration team.

Greetings,

Bill

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. kUMters Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Bill, thank you for explanation. Then please recheck all all "boards" (subforums) because tihs TOPIC OPTIONS is missing in more then half of the "boards".

Looking forward for sulution:)

Thank you very much

PJ

__
Solution Security Architect
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi PJ,

Yes, thanks you, I am aware of this. I just got off the phone with the migration team and they are looking at getting this fixed today. If all goes right it should be in the boards on Monday.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi PJ,

The option in the Q&A boards is now visible.

You can subscribe to the board or bookmark it. If you subscribe to the board then you are notified every time something occurs in the board. If you go into the post you can do the same at a post(question) level.

See below:

QA options.png

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.