Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: new forum format not good

Jump to solution

Menu is fixed and ZENworks shows up again.

By the way, look at the image you posted....in the dark grey band to the right of the Micro Focus logo there are two links:  Community and Select Products.  If you click the Select Products link, you will get an alphabetical product listing.  So if you know the product but aren't sure which community it is located in, just choose the Select Products link.  Hope that helps!

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@obscurityPrivacy 

One of the nice features on this platform is the ability to mark one post in a thread as the solution. and we encourage everyone to make use of it. This makes it easy for anyone to zero in on the solution without having to read every post. But this doesn't work if new issues are raised in an existing thread!

We have always had a policy of one issue per thread. Even if you have a similar issue, the correct procedure is to start a new thread and, if necessary, reference the existing thread.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

OK, where is a place to have a flame war against this forum software?

Each time I visit this forum I get angry about it ...

So maybe you want have a place where you can collect the postings about and against this software? I think it is not useful to have it separated all over the different boards.

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Ah, there are links ... interesting. Oh, this are a hughe number of products =:-O

Maybe they should separate the company in more smaller ones. There are more flexible and have a quicker response to changing markets 😉
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Betreff: new forum format not good

Jump to solution

New case:

Enter a subject; get a list of posts with a similar subject; choose one of them; the post opens but I did not see the creation date :-[

I have to read the post and maybe I can assume ... ok this is for Netware 5.0 ... ok not helpful ...

May it is possible to show the creation date of a post at a prominent location ...

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Betreff: new forum format not good

Jump to solution

@obscurityPrivacy 

If you wish to provide feedback where it will be seen by those who can act on it please do it here:

General Feedback and Suggestions

As I pointed out in a previous post, you should begin a new thread for each new issue so that way they can be assigned to the appropriate individuals for resolution. 

_____
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@obscurityPrivacy wrote:
You asked what is wrong?
*I add a 'like' to the original post. After a few seconds I get a notification that I have added a like!?!? WTF?!?!
*I dont need a picture/avatar at the posts.
*I dont need this idiotical 'bages' for each activity. I am not a child!

Let me address these points.

In our forums any community member can reply to a post. The quality of that answer depends entirely upon who provided it. The number and types of badges a particular member accumulates is an indication of his or her overall reputation within the community and is helpful in assessing the the value of a particular response. The avatar helps community members recognize a particular individual and associate him or her with various content within the community.

You have raised other points. Please feel free to start a new thread in this forum for each issue you feel requires attention.

_____
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.