Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1585 views

Access someone elses shared calendar

Dear Community,

I'm trying to build an application that exports a shared groupwise calendar as iCalendar. Unfortunately I have a couple of constraints.
There is no calendar publishing server. The Post Office Server I have my account on does not have the SOAP interface enabled. But there is another
Post Office Server (in the same domain) with SOAP, and I could ask a user on this server to create and share a calendar.

My question is if I would be able to access it with my login credentials and SOAP even though I do not have an account on the server (both my server and the SOAP enabled one are part of one novell tree).

My second question is how one would distinguish different calendars in the SOAP service if a user has multiple ones.

thanks and best regards
Kurt
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm a little unclear of what you are asking.
In 8.0.x, there is the concept of "Calendar Publishing".
Doesn't that suffice?
There is no SOAP involved in that case.

SOAP has to talk directly to the POA where the user is
configured. (You can't talk indirectly to the POA.)
Each calendar has a unique id.

Preston

>>> On Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7:36 AM,

kurt-hectic<kurt-hectic@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> I'm trying to build an application that exports a shared groupwise
> calendar as iCalendar. Unfortunately I have a couple of constraints.
> There is no calendar publishing server. The Post Office Server I have
> my account on does not have the SOAP interface enabled. But there is
> another
> Post Office Server (in the same domain) with SOAP, and I could ask a
> user on this server to create and share a calendar.
>
> My question is if I would be able to access it with my login
> credentials and SOAP even though I do not have an account on the server
> (both my server and the SOAP enabled one are part of one novell tree).
>
> My second question is how one would distinguish different calendars in
> the SOAP service if a user has multiple ones.
>
> thanks and best regards
> Kurt

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

As I said, the calendar publishing is not enabled, unfortunately, so that is not an option.
My POA does not have SOAP enabled, but there are two POAs in the context,
and the other one has SOAP enabled.
My question is if I could access the calendar of a user which resides on the SOAP enabled server via a SOAP (the user shares the calendar with me).
I figure that in order for SOAP to work I first have to supply my login credentials, so I was wondering if the server would accept me.
But if I understand you correctly this is not possible, right?

thanks
Kurt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User1 is on post office A.
POA X runs against post office A.
POA X is not SOAP enabled.

POA Y runs against post office B.
POA Y is SOAP enabled.

User1 can not login to POA Y with SOAP.


>>> On Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM,

kurt-hectic<kurt-hectic@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> As I said, the calendar publishing is not enabled, unfortunately, so
> that is not an option.
> My POA does not have SOAP enabled, but there are two POAs in the
> context,
> and the other one has SOAP enabled.
> My question is if I could access the calendar of a user which resides
> on the SOAP enabled server via a SOAP (the user shares the calendar with
> me).
> I figure that in order for SOAP to work I first have to supply my login
> credentials, so I was wondering if the server would accept me.
> But if I understand you correctly this is not possible, right?
>
> thanks
> Kurt

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 7/20/2010 5:04 AM, Preston Stephenson wrote:
> User1 is on post office A.
> POA X runs against post office A.
> POA X is not SOAP enabled.
>
> POA Y runs against post office B.
> POA Y is SOAP enabled.
>
> User1 can not login to POA Y with SOAP.
>


Correct. All a login does if you login to the non "home" POA is redirect
you. Which cannot do if you don't have SOAP enabled on the final PO.

POA Y cannot and does not act as "proxy" for you.

>
>>>> On Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM,

> kurt-hectic<kurt-hectic@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for your answer.
>>
>> As I said, the calendar publishing is not enabled, unfortunately, so
>> that is not an option.
>> My POA does not have SOAP enabled, but there are two POAs in the
>> context,
>> and the other one has SOAP enabled.
>> My question is if I could access the calendar of a user which resides
>> on the SOAP enabled server via a SOAP (the user shares the calendar with
>> me).
>> I figure that in order for SOAP to work I first have to supply my login
>> credentials, so I was wondering if the server would accept me.
>> But if I understand you correctly this is not possible, right?
>>
>> thanks
>> Kurt


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.