ancapopescu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Admin Object API and C#

Hello,

I have two questions.

First if the Admin Object API can be used to connect to a GW server on Linux? I read in another thread that "there is no admin API exposed for Linux. Period." but this statement was from 2008.

Second, I tried to use Admin Object API in C# and create for starters a new System object, but i get a COM exception No_Interface. I have GW Client and Novell Client installed and the AdminObjectLibrary added to References. Any ideas as to why I receive the COM exception?

Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Admin Object API and C#

On 2/24/2011 2:06 AM, ancapopescu wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> First if the Admin Object API can be used to connect to a GW server on
> Linux? I read in another thread that "there is no admin API exposed for
> Linux. Period." but this statement was from 2008.

This remains the case. Novell has occasionally talked about making a
replacement Admin API on SOAP via the MTA, but so far this has not
materialized.

>
> Second, I tried to use Admin Object API in C# and create for starters a
> new System object, but i get a COM exception No_Interface. I have GW
> Client and Novell Client installed and the AdminObjectLibrary added to
> References. Any ideas as to why I receive the COM exception?
>

Sorry I don't do C#. Does it work in VBS/VBScript?

> Thank you
>
>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.