Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
nschoot Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't turn Alarm /Reminder off when creating appointment (C#

Hi,

I'm using the following code (C#) to create an appointment (uci is a CalendarItem from another app):

Folder cal = _account.Calendar;

Appointment9 newentry = (Appointment9)cal.Messages.Add("GW.MESSAGE.APPOINTMENT");

newentry.OnCalendar = true;
newentry.FromText = uci.Sender;
newentry.StartDate = uci.StartDate;
newentry.EndDate = uci.EndDate;
newentry.Place = uci.Location;
newentry.Subject.PlainText = uci.Title;
newentry.BodyText.PlainText = uci.Description;
newentry.BusyType = uci.Available?TimeBlockConstants.egwFree:TimeBlockConstants.egwBlocked;
newentry.Private = uci.IsPrivate;
newentry.Recipients.AddByDisplayName("SomeName");
newentry.Recipients.Resolve();
newentry.AlarmReminderMinutes = 0;
newentry.AlarmSet = false;
newentry.Send();

But still, the created appointment has an alarm at 15 minutes (apparently that's the default). I tried AlarmTime, but that returns an error. What am I doing wrong? Why does this appointment still get an alarm??

I am using gwcma1.dll version 8.0.1.9145

Any help greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't turn Alarm /Reminder off when creating appointment (C#

To narrow things down, you could check if the alarm also shoots off, when
you create the appointment with GWSend.exe (found on CoolSolutions and
http://www.wstools.de) ?

If yes, check the GW environment; if it doesn't, scrutinize your code.

Good luck,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
nschoot Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't turn Alarm /Reminder off when creating appointment

Thanks for your reply! I tried GWSend.exe... I ran into a "funny" defect when trying to run it:

C:\Users\niels\Downloads\gwsend>GWSend.exe /T="Niels Schoot" /S="Somemeeting" /D="16-Mar-11 16:00:00" /E="17:30:00" /Pl="Here"
Error: Bad appointment start (16-Mar-11 16:00:00) - use Format "16-Mar-11 16:00:00"

I used "03" for March, and then it worked.

The appointment that was created had the alarm ON... So what does this mean exactly?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.