Bogeremia Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1072 views

Changing message subject

Regarding
http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_tsh3/index.html?page=/documentation/gw8/gw8_tsh3/data/a4ehibh.html
when a new message arrive is created in message database msqnnn.db and
in recipient database a pointer is created.
What's happens when for a message user want to change Subject property
(the message is will be copied in user database userxxx.db and subject
property is changed or only some properties are be keep in database message)

Thanks,
Bogdan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Changing message subject

The common message is created in the msgnnn.db file.
The user gets a copy of the message in his user???.db file.
There is a link to the common message.
Any changes the user makes (such as the subject) is
made to the message in the user's database.

Preston

>>> On Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Bogdan

Eremia<bogdan.eremia@unidec.ro> wrote:
> Regarding
>

http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_tsh3/index.html?page=/documentat

> ion/gw8/gw8_tsh3/data/a4ehibh.html
> when a new message arrive is created in message database msqnnn.db and
> in recipient database a pointer is created.
> What's happens when for a message user want to change Subject property
> (the message is will be copied in user database userxxx.db and subject
> property is changed or only some properties are be keep in database

message)
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan

0 Likes
Bogeremia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Changing message subject

Thanks,
Bogdan

Preston Stephenson wrote:
> The common message is created in the msgnnn.db file.
> The user gets a copy of the message in his user???.db file.
> There is a link to the common message.
> Any changes the user makes (such as the subject) is
> made to the message in the user's database.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Bogdan

> Eremia<bogdan.eremia@unidec.ro> wrote:
>> Regarding
>>

> http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_tsh3/index.html?page=/documentat
>
>> ion/gw8/gw8_tsh3/data/a4ehibh.html
>> when a new message arrive is created in message database msqnnn.db and
>> in recipient database a pointer is created.
>> What's happens when for a message user want to change Subject property
>> (the message is will be copied in user database userxxx.db and subject
>> property is changed or only some properties are be keep in database

> message)
>> Thanks,
>> Bogdan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.