Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1380 views

ClientMessageID missing on some E-Mails

Hello,

we have some E-Mails where the ClientMessageID is missing via SOAP,
while it is still available via the GroupWise client and the OBJAPI.

We have tested it with GroupWise 8 and GropWise 8 SP1 beta.
What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ClientMessageID missing on some E-Mails

I'm not sure.
There are a couple of things to check.
Make sure you login with at least:
<version>1.02</version>
You need to be careful with the view
you pass in to read the items.
The view needs to be empty, have "default"
or "clientMessageId".

If that doesn't help, I would need more
information, i.e. the SOAP trace where
you try to read the item and the
clientMessageId field is not returned.

Preston

>>> On Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 6:20 AM, florian<florian@test.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have some E‑Mails where the ClientMessageID is missing via SOAP,
> while it is still available via the GroupWise client and the OBJAPI.
>
> We have tested it with GroupWise 8 and GropWise 8 SP1 beta.
> What could be the problem?
> Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ClientMessageID missing on some E-Mails

Hello Preston,
since the soap trace contains some sensible data, I will send it to your
E-Mail-Address directly.



Preston Stephenson schrieb:
> I'm not sure.
> There are a couple of things to check.
> Make sure you login with at least:
> <version>1.02</version>
> You need to be careful with the view
> you pass in to read the items.
> The view needs to be empty, have "default"
> or "clientMessageId".
>
> If that doesn't help, I would need more
> information, i.e. the SOAP trace where
> you try to read the item and the
> clientMessageId field is not returned.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 6:20 AM, florian<florian@test.de> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> we have some E‑Mails where the ClientMessageID is missing via SOAP,
>> while it is still available via the GroupWise client and the OBJAPI.
>>
>> We have tested it with GroupWise 8 and GropWise 8 SP1 beta.
>> What could be the problem?
>> Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ClientMessageID missing on some E-Mails

I responded privately, but I'll also respond
here.

Items that come in through the internet / GWIA
that have an internet="1" attribute will not
have a clientMessageId. The clientMessageId
will only be on items that are created / sent
from GroupWise.

Preston

>>> On Thursday, July 09, 2009 at 9:01 AM, florian<florian@test.de> wrote:

> Hello Preston,
> since the soap trace contains some sensible data, I will send it to your
> E‑Mail‑Address directly.
>
>
>
> Preston Stephenson schrieb:
>> I'm not sure.
>> There are a couple of things to check.
>> Make sure you login with at least:
>> <version>1.02</version>
>> You need to be careful with the view
>> you pass in to read the items.
>> The view needs to be empty, have "default"
>> or "clientMessageId".
>>
>> If that doesn't help, I would need more
>> information, i.e. the SOAP trace where
>> you try to read the item and the
>> clientMessageId field is not returned.
>>
>> Preston
>>
>>>>> On Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 6:20 AM, florian<florian@test.de> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> we have some E‑Mails where the ClientMessageID is missing via SOAP,
>>> while it is still available via the GroupWise client and the OBJAPI.
>>>
>>> We have tested it with GroupWise 8 and GropWise 8 SP1 beta.
>>> What could be the problem?
>>> Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.