Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Create folder in every mailbox

Hello Community!

Long story short: I have to create a folder called "Archive" in every mailbox (35k) under the Cabinet folder. Users can then put emails into this folder and a 3rd party archiver app will move messages out of GroupWise only from this folder. Can this be done somehow in GW? I am familiar with the GW Admin REST API and I know that it is not suitable for this. I have not touched Object API, SOAP API yet, but I am curious. Of course I need a centralized way, without knowing the passwords for the mailboxes. If Object API or SOAP API is able to do this then I will deep dive into them.

Regards,
Gellert
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
s_vogel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Create folder in every mailbox

I have not dealt with the SOAP API but from What I can read from the Docs you can use the getAccountListRequest to get the list of accounts. With that you can either loop through the Accounts and use the createItemRequest to create a Folder. Or you can create a createItemsRequest which can hold multiple Folders.

I don't believe the Objecct API is the right tool for that since you would need to login to each Box, but you don't have the possibilty to login without the correct IDs and password (at least I think).
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thx, I will try SOAP API.
0 Likes
s_vogel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The cabinet folder should have the same ID for each account I think. So the Request for creating would only be variable in the AccountIDs.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.