Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Download location of GWSDK

Jump to solution

The current links of the GWSDK are broken.  There have been a number of posts around this but it seems Micro Focus has no interest in getting this resolved.

We need urgent access to the novell-gwsdk-devel-2013.01.15.zip as that is the last known updated version of the SDK unless there has been a later version.

Can someone at Micro Focus for once and all fix up the links that are still being published, even on the GroupWise 18 documentation section?  We need to make some urgent changes to our apps developed many years ago, and need a fresh download of the SDK.  The responses so far on previous requests by others have also not been resolved.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Download location of GWSDK

Jump to solution

Hi Cobus,

The SDK documentation links are now on the product documentation page at the bottom. 

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/

The server hosting the SDK was decommissioned and some of the APIs in the .zip you referenced are obsolete, but I can upload the client APIs which are still supported.  The most recent REST admin API is installed with GroupWise.

ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/gwsdk/gw-sample-sdk.zip

-Jay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Cobus,

The SDK documentation links are now on the product documentation page at the bottom. 

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/

The server hosting the SDK was decommissioned and some of the APIs in the .zip you referenced are obsolete, but I can upload the client APIs which are still supported.  The most recent REST admin API is installed with GroupWise.

ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/gwsdk/gw-sample-sdk.zip

-Jay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Cobus,

I was able to request a copy of the file from archive.  In looking at the contents, it appears that only the gwadmin API is obsolete having been replaced by our REST interface.  The gwadmin api therein is only supported on GW 2012 and earlier.

I've uploaded this exact file in case any of the parts are newer than what I previously uploaded.

ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/gwsdk/novell-gwsdk-devel-2013.01.15.zip  

Regards,

Jay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jay

Thank you very much for these downloads.  The APIs we were looking for were Windows client specific for adding functionality into the client for some customers.  We are fine with the SOAP and REST APIs.

Regards
Cobus

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Jay.  I too was looking for this file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.