Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1967 views

External Users and InternetDomainName

I have a question about setting the InternetDomainName on external users
through the AdminObjAPI. The reference is undocumented but if you set
variable = externalUserObject.InternetDomainName it will read the override
parameter that is set in Console One on the Internet Addressing page. When
I try to set this value:

externalUserObject.InternetDomainName = "Some.Value" I get an Ole. Invalid
parameter count in this case.

objNewUser.PrefEMailID = "SomeValue" does work.

I am presently researching ways to create multiple external users inside one
External PO all delivering to different domains. Has anyone found a way to
resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Robert
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

Hmmmm......Just had the same req. @ a cust site, and instead used the API Gateway.

Worked great...

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Developer Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

Thanks Tommy, that would certainly work but I am hoping there is a way to
keep this in GroupWise. All I care about is adding the users to the GW
address book and it seams strange to be able to read a basic string field
(InternetDomainName) but not set the value. I am at the very frustrating
point where I can create the external users and set every parameter except
InternetDomainName. Still hoping there is something I am just missing here.

Thanks,
Robert
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

AFAIK, nope 😞



--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Developer Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0 Likes
judge4life Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

Hello Tommy, Bedivere

I am more or less in the same situation as Bedivere was. I need to create an
external contact and set the external's user InternetDomainName.

Tommy, you said that yoy had the same requirements in the past and used the
API Gateway. If I use this API, the user also appears in NDS? Where can I
get the API gateway, I was unable to find it?

Bedivere, how did you managed to resolve this issue?

Is there a new API that appeared recently, that allows me to accomplish
this?

Thank for your help,
Ionut Marin

"Tommy Mikkelsen" <tm@NoDevSpAmitq.dk> wrote in message
news:3WF7j.8241$k06.871@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> AFAIK, nope 😞
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tommy Mikkelsen
>
> IT Quality A/S
> Denmark
>
> Novell Developer Forums SYSOP
>
> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>
> Sorry, but no support through email
>
> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
>
> Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net



0 Likes
judge4life Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

Hello,

I looked inside the gwadapi2.h header file, and I found that there are 3
IADUser interfaces (IADUser, IADUser2, IADUser3). Inside the IADUser3
interface there are 2 functions declared:

STDMETHOD(get_InternetDomainName)(THIS_ BSTR FAR* retval) PURE;
STDMETHOD(SetInternetDomainName)(THIS_ BSTR bstrIDomName, VARIANT_BOOL
bIDomExclusive) PURE;

The second one looks like it should do what I want, that is set the
InternetDomainName for the external contact, but I am having problems with
the function. Below is a code snippet. After I ran this I get no error
message, but the code doesn't reach the last printf so there must be an
exception being thrown when I call
pIADNewUser3->SetInternetDomainName(domainName, VARIANT_FALSE); . I have
tried setting only the department and the code works. What am I doing wrong
here? How can I see what error is thrown?

Has anyone else used SetInternetDomainName and can help me?

printf("Adding an external user.\n");
pIADUsers->AddExternalUser(TO_OLE_STRING("testextuser01"), postOffice,
domain, &pDIADNewUser);

printf("Adding an external user finished.\n");

printf("Trying to set IDM for the new user\n");

if (SUCCEEDED(pDIADNewUser->QueryInterface(IID_IADUser,
(void**)&pIADNewUser3))) {

pDIADNewUser->Release();

} else {

printf("Failed to get the next user\n");

return -1;

}

BSTR domainName = SysAllocString(L"yahoo.com");


BSTR name = SysAllocString(L"yahoo");


pIADNewUser3->put_Department(name);




printf("Setting IDM for the new user ...\n");

pIADNewUser3->SetInternetDomainName(domainName, VARIANT_FALSE);

printf("Setting IDM for the new user finished.\n");


pIADNewUser3->Commit();



Thank you,
Ionut Marin.



"Ionut Marin" <judge4life@playful.com> wrote in message
news:fflNk.4612$Fg1.276@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Hello Tommy, Bedivere
>
> I am more or less in the same situation as Bedivere was. I need to create
> an external contact and set the external's user InternetDomainName.
>
> Tommy, you said that yoy had the same requirements in the past and used
> the API Gateway. If I use this API, the user also appears in NDS? Where
> can I get the API gateway, I was unable to find it?
>
> Bedivere, how did you managed to resolve this issue?
>
> Is there a new API that appeared recently, that allows me to accomplish
> this?
>
> Thank for your help,
> Ionut Marin
>
> "Tommy Mikkelsen" <tm@NoDevSpAmitq.dk> wrote in message
> news:3WF7j.8241$k06.871@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> AFAIK, nope 😞
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Tommy Mikkelsen
>>
>> IT Quality A/S
>> Denmark
>>
>> Novell Developer Forums SYSOP
>>
>> Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
>>
>> Sorry, but no support through email
>>
>> "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
>>
>> Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

>
>



0 Likes
rmikskm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External Users and InternetDomainName

Hi i don't know about that but i really want to know about it. Its my request to you i you get something about it so please let me know also. I will be thankful to you.


BedivereW;1754875 wrote:
I have a question about setting the InternetDomainName on external users
through the AdminObjAPI. The reference is undocumented but if you set
variable = externalUserObject.InternetDomainName it will read the override
parameter that is set in Console One on the Internet Addressing page. When
I try to set this value:

externalUserObject.InternetDomainName = "Some.Value" I get an Ole. Invalid
parameter count in this case.

objNewUser.PrefEMailID = "SomeValue" does work.

I am presently researching ways to create multiple external users inside one
External PO all delivering to different domains. Has anyone found a way to
resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Robert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.