Highlighted
mdirkse Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1259 views

Filter on custom field works on one GW server, not the other

Hi,
I'm a little confused by the following problem.

I've got a filter on a cursor that selects all messages that have not got a custom field set, like so:

<S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<S:Header>
<session>obPIERvQKz1OOFKr</session>
</S:Header>
<S:Body>
<ns3:createCursorRequest xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types" xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/events" xmlns:ns3="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
<ns3:container>folders</ns3:container>
<ns3:view>peek message/RTF delivered subject priority hasAttachments priority size attachments custom email from default recipients sendoptions</ns3:view>
<ns3:filter>
<element xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="FilterEntry">
<op>notExist</op>
<custom type="String">
<field>fwCEArchived</field>
</custom>
</element>
</ns3:filter>
</ns3:createCursorRequest>
</S:Body>
</S:Envelope>


On my test server, this filter works beautifully. The cursor produces all messages without this field, and when I run my application that sets the custom field to 1 for all message, it no longer finds anything.

However, when I deploy this exact same filter to my production server, it no longer works. On my production server, where none of the message have this custom field, the filter yields 0 messages (if I run the filter with "exists" instead of "notExist" I also get 0 results).

I'm at a loss to explain why this is. Both servers run Groupwise 8.0.2, my test server on Suse, the production server on Netware.

Anyone have any ideas?
Regards,
Maarten
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filter on custom field works on one GW server, not the other

My guess is the custom field has to be defined for that user before the
filter can work (either way).
Have you tried marking an item with the custom field?

Preston

>>> On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM,

mdirkse<mdirkse@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a little confused by the following problem.
>
> I've got a filter on a cursor that selects all messages that have not
> got a custom field set, like so:
>
> Code:
> ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
>
> <S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <S:Header>
> <session>obPIERvQKz1OOFKr</session>
> </S:Header>
> <S:Body>
> <ns3:createCursorRequest
> xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types"
> xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/events"
> xmlns:ns3="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
> <ns3:container>folders</ns3:container>
> <ns3:view>peek message/RTF delivered subject priority hasAttachments
> priority size attachments custom email from default recipients
> sendoptions</ns3:view>
> <ns3:filter>
> <element xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xsi:type="FilterEntry">
> <op>notExist</op>
> <custom type="String">
> <field>fwCEArchived</field>
> </custom>
> </element>
> </ns3:filter>
> </ns3:createCursorRequest>
> </S:Body>
> </S:Envelope>
>
> ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
>
>
> On my test server, this filter works beautifully. The cursor produces
> all messages without this field, and when I run my application that sets
> the custom field to 1 for all message, it no longer finds anything.
>
> However, when I deploy this exact same filter to my production server,
> it no longer works. On my production server, where none of the message
> have this custom field, the filter yields 0 messages (if I run the
> filter with "exists" instead of "notExist" I also get 0 results).
>
> I'm at a loss to explain why this is. Both servers run Groupwise 8.0.2,
> my test server on Suse, the production server on Netware.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Regards,
> Maarten

0 Likes
mdirkse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filter on custom field works on one GW server, not the o

Not sure what happens, but it works now. When I did a getCustomList request, my custom field was in there, and the filter worked. I'm guessing you're right in that you first have to create the field on at least 1 message before the filter starts working. Seems a little weird, because you'd expect a "notExist" filter to work even though the field is not defined (ie it does not exist).

Thanks for the help, as always.
Maarten
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.