Highlighted
TheRomanian Absent Member.
Absent Member.
4542 views

How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

Hello! I'm Razvan, programmer from România, and I am new to GroupWise development.

I am asking if anyone could help me with a C# Visual Studio 2010 example of how to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP).


The documentation from novell site didn't help me, i didn't understant much of it.

All I need is either a link to a documented GroupWise C# developer step-by-step tutorial, or some code examples.

Can you please show me some code examples in C# with:

1)loging in using a username and a password,
2)retrieving contact list,
3)retrieving appointment list,
4)sending a mail,
5)setting an appointment

I don't know how to use "groupwise.wsdl" and customise it so that it points to our GroupWise server.

Please, I really need this because I am working at a project right now which involves GroupWise integration.

I hope I haven't disturbed anyone with my simple question.
I know this might be a very simple question given the complexity of the other posts here, but that's why I really hope I will get an answer soon.

Thank you very much!

--
Signature:

How old is the Orthodox faith?
How old is the orthodox faith?

.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

TheRomanian wrote:

>I don't know how to use *"groupwise.wsdl"* and customise it so that it
>points to our GroupWise server.


Sorry, but if you don't know how to use a wsdl file, then your problem
isn't related to Groupwise, but to Soap,


As such, I strongly recommend, that you read-up on that.


Start here:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/7/10043054/using-wsdl-file-to-connect-to-a-webservice.aspx

When that is done, return here for more specific GW related issues

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

When you get ready, there is a simple C# example that does
most of what you want. It is in the SOAP SDK in
clients/MS/vcsClient

Preston

>>> On Monday, February 28, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Tommy

Mikkelsen<ukdtom@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> TheRomanian wrote:
>
>>I don't know how to use *"groupwise.wsdl"* and customise it so that it
>>points to our GroupWise server.

>
> Sorry, but if you don't know how to use a wsdl file, then your problem
> isn't related to Groupwise, but to Soap,
>
>
> As such, I strongly recommend, that you read‑up on that.
>
>
> Start here:
>
>

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/7/10043054/using‑wsdl‑fileâ€
‘to‑connec
> t‑to‑a‑webservice.aspx
>
> When that is done, return here for more specific GW related issues

0 Likes
TheRomanian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

ukdtom,

Thank you for the reply. The link you provided may be usefull for other people, but I already knew that information. I did the same steps and could access the classes from groupwise.wsdl, for example:

"GroupWiseService.loginRequest login = new GroupWiseService.loginRequest();"

But from here I have no idea how to make it connect to our GroupWise server...


So my my problem wasn't what you suspected.
My problem is that I really need some code examples in C# with:

1)loging in using a username and a password,
2)retrieving contact list,
3)retrieving appointment list,
4)sending a mail,
5)setting an appointment


Can you please help me with that?

And by "I don't know how to use "groupwise.wsdl" and customise it so that it points to our GroupWise server" I meant I can't make it to point to our GroupWise server in order to make those simple 5 operations from above.


--
Signature:

How old is the Orthodox faith?
How old is the orthodox faith?

.
0 Likes
TheRomanian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

Preston Stephenson,

Thank you for the reply too.

Again I am sad to say that I already knew about that directory that contains a C# project. But the bad news is that it was made in VS 2008.
I have Visual Studio 2010, and when I doubble click on the .sln file, even though a conversion window apears, I am given an error that some files were not converted successfully, so I can't actually test it as a working application.

Please help me with some actually working C# code if you can.

--
Signature:

How old is the Orthodox Faith?
How old is the orthodox faith?

.
0 Likes
TheRomanian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login sollution in PHP

I have great news! After strong documentation yesterday and today, I've just made a successfull example that actually connects to our GroupWise server.

I made it in PHP.

I need an ASP.NET + C# application, but now is very simple to convert it. I post the PHP code here for other people who in future might be interested in finding out.

So a simple PHP GroupWise Login code using "groupwise.wsdl" web service:


require_once('./GWService/GroupwiseService.php');
require_once('FB.class.php');

$classmap = array(
'Authenication' => 'Authenication',
'PlainText' => 'PlainText',
'loginRequest' => 'loginRequest',
'loginResponse' => 'loginResponse',
'logoutRequest' => 'logoutRequest',
'logoutResponse' => 'logoutResponse',
'UserInfo' => 'UserInfo',
);

$gwservice = new GroupwiseService(
"./WSDL/groupwise.wsdl",
array(
"location" => "http://11.150.40.78:8756/soap",
Your GroupWise server IP: and PORT
"classmap" => $classmap,
"trace" => true)
);

// do login
$pt = new PlainText();
$pt->username = "YOUR GROUPWISE USERNAME";
$pt->password = "YOUR GROUPWISE PASSWORD";

$lr = new loginRequest();
$lr->auth = $pt;
$lr->language = "en";
$lr->version = "1.2";
$lr->application = "phpClient";

$lres = $gwservice->loginRequest($lr);
//print_r($lres);


I Hope this will help others.

--
Signature:

How old is the Orthodox Faith?
How old is the orthodox faith?

.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

Sorry, I do not have the resources / time to help
you with C#. I can help you if you have specific
questions about the SOAP API.

Preston

>>> On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 at 7:06 AM,

TheRomanian<TheRomanian@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Preston Stephenson,
>
> Thank you for the reply too.
>
> Again I am sad to say that I already knew about that directory that
> contains a C# project. But the bad news is that it was made in VS 2008.
>
> I have Visual Studio 2010, and when I doubble click on the .sln file,
> even though a conversion window apears, I am given an error that some
> files were not converted successfully, so I can't actually test it as a
> working application.
>
> Please help me with some actually working C# code if you can.
>
> ‑‑
> Signature:
>
> How old is the Orthodox Faith?
> 'How old is the orthodox faith?'
> (http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/history.shtml)

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to install and consume GroupWise Web Service (SOAP)

Just a comment.
The value for the version element should be "1.02"
not "1.2".

Preston

>>> On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 at 8:06 AM,

TheRomanian<TheRomanian@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> I have great news! After strong documentation yesterday and today, I've
> just made a successfull example that actually connects to our GroupWise
> server.
>
> I made it in PHP.
>
> I need an ASP.NET + C# application, but now is very simple to convert
> it. I post the PHP code here for other people who in future might be
> interested in finding out.
>
> So a simple PHP GroupWise Login code using "groupwise.wsdl" web
> service:
>
>
> require_once('./GWService/GroupwiseService.php');
> require_once('FB.class.php');
>
> $classmap = array(
> 'Authenication' => 'Authenication',
> 'PlainText' => 'PlainText',
> 'loginRequest' => 'loginRequest',
> 'loginResponse' => 'loginResponse',
> 'logoutRequest' => 'logoutRequest',
> 'logoutResponse' => 'logoutResponse',
> 'UserInfo' => 'UserInfo',
> );
>
> $gwservice = new GroupwiseService(
> "./WSDL/groupwise.wsdl",
> array(
> "location" => "http://11.150.40.78:8756/soap",
> *Your GroupWise server IP:
> and PORT*
> "classmap" => $classmap,
> "trace" => true)
> );
>
> // do login
> $pt = new PlainText();
> $pt‑>username = *"YOUR GROUPWISE USERNAME"*;
> $pt‑>password = *"YOUR GROUPWISE PASSWORD"*;
>
> $lr = new loginRequest();
> $lr‑>auth = $pt;
> $lr‑>language = "en";
> $lr‑>version = "1.2";
> $lr‑>application = "phpClient";
>
> $lres = $gwservice‑>loginRequest($lr);
> //print_r($lres);
>
>
> I Hope this will help others.
>
> ‑‑
> Signature:
>
> How old is the Orthodox Faith?
> 'How old is the orthodox faith?'
> (http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/history.shtml)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.