Highlighted
jeffm
Visitor.

Matching category value to Id

Jump to solution

I am trying to match up the Category value that I get from a mail, contact, or calendar
item, with the "id" value that I get from the response to getCategoryListRequest. They
match up fine for custom created categories, but for the standard categories (such as Personal,
Follow-up, etc) there is something odd. For example, in my item response, a category might
have a value of "4.Transend.PO.100.0.1.0.1@12" which is supposed to be the follow-up category.
If I look in the getCategoryListRequest data, the id for category follow-up is
"4.Transend.PO.100.0.1.0.1@61". So it matches except for the part after the '@'. It appears
that if I ignore that part of the Id then I can successfully match. Is this to be expected?
Or am I not understanding something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Matching category value to Id

Jump to solution

The information up to the '@' uniquely identifies an item. The information after the '@' is used to access the item. You use id's up to the '@' to identify / match an object. (The full id saves us from doing extra reads to identify what item and / or item type is being used.)

Thus, you pass the full id when you need to access / read an item. When comparing an item, you strip off the information from the '@' on. The information after the '@' can be different for an item in certain cases.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Preston

0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Matching category value to Id

Jump to solution

The information up to the '@' uniquely identifies an item. The information after the '@' is used to access the item. You use id's up to the '@' to identify / match an object. (The full id saves us from doing extra reads to identify what item and / or item type is being used.)

Thus, you pass the full id when you need to access / read an item. When comparing an item, you strip off the information from the '@' on. The information after the '@' can be different for an item in certain cases.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Preston

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.