Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3164 views

Message box displayed when running as service

I'm getting a message box titled "Address Book Warning" that says ""The
resource DLL corresponding to the language specified by the
'Software\Novell\GroupWise\Interface Language' setting in the Windows
registry could not be found. A resource DLL based on the language 'US' has
been found and is being used instead."

I have two questions/concerns:

1. How do I fix this? I looked at the registry path in question, and the
path exists, and there is one key present: The Default key, with value "US".
2. This is a windows service, and I would very much prefer to not get any
messages. I'm calling multi-logon with the "/ntservice" switch, and
WhenToPrompt set to egwNeverPrompt, so I wouldn't expect to see any
messages, per the documentation:

Note: I get this message sporadically, like every 10 or 20 messages
processed. I'm not sure if I'm getting it on the same messages every time or
not. I've got two accounts going at the same time as separate threads, each
one has called MultiLogin. I also have them emailing each other
back-and-forth as fast as they can. It seems to take about 1.5 minutes for
each to fire off 40-50 emails.

Here is my multiLogin:

//Calculate the CmdLine using this example: "/ipa-199.99.99.99 /ipp-1677
/ntservice"
CString csCmdLine = _T("");
csCmdLine.Format("/ipa-%s /ipp-%s /ntservice", csServerName, csPort);
V_I2(&vWhenToPrompt) = egwNeverPrompt;
if(!SUCCEEDED(m_pIGWSession->MultiLogin(bstrUserID, vCmdLine, vPassword,
vWhenToPrompt, vReserved, &pDIGWAccount)))





Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

Btw, as I think about a solution to this problem, I'm guessing it may be
caused by both threads trying to access the resource at the same time. I
suppose one solution might be to use a lock between my threads, and only hit
GroupWise API one at a time? Is there an alternative?

Jason
"Jason Foster" <jasonphos@pobox.com> wrote in message
news:BTVUj.11157$Dh4.6551@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> I'm getting a message box titled "Address Book Warning" that says ""The
> resource DLL corresponding to the language specified by the
> 'Software\Novell\GroupWise\Interface Language' setting in the Windows
> registry could not be found. A resource DLL based on the language 'US' has
> been found and is being used instead."
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

Do you set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true?
Do you need to use MAPI address books?
It sounds like something is trying to load the MAPI address book
providers.

Preston

>>> On Friday, May 09, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Jason Foster<jasonphos@pobox.com>

wrote:
> I'm getting a message box titled "Address Book Warning" that says ""The
> resource DLL corresponding to the language specified by the
> 'Software\Novell\GroupWise\Interface Language' setting in the Windows
> registry could not be found. A resource DLL based on the language 'US'

has
> been found and is being used instead."
>
> I have two questions/concerns:
>
> 1. How do I fix this? I looked at the registry path in question, and the
> path exists, and there is one key present: The Default key, with value

"US".
> 2. This is a windows service, and I would very much prefer to not get any
> messages. I'm calling multi-logon with the "/ntservice" switch, and
> WhenToPrompt set to egwNeverPrompt, so I wouldn't expect to see any
> messages, per the documentation:
>
> Note: I get this message sporadically, like every 10 or 20 messages
> processed. I'm not sure if I'm getting it on the same messages every time

or
> not. I've got two accounts going at the same time as separate threads,

each
> one has called MultiLogin. I also have them emailing each other
> back-and-forth as fast as they can. It seems to take about 1.5 minutes

for
> each to fire off 40-50 emails.
>
> Here is my multiLogin:
>
> //Calculate the CmdLine using this example: "/ipa-199.99.99.99 /ipp-1677
> /ntservice"
> CString csCmdLine = _T("");
> csCmdLine.Format("/ipa-%s /ipp-%s /ntservice", csServerName, csPort);
> V_I2(&vWhenToPrompt) = egwNeverPrompt;
> if(!SUCCEEDED(m_pIGWSession->MultiLogin(bstrUserID, vCmdLine, vPassword,
> vWhenToPrompt, vReserved, &pDIGWAccount)))

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

Ok, I'll set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true and let you
know how that goes. I hadn't read that not setting it to True can cause
problems, but now that you mention it and I've researched it, I see that it
can.

Besides this problem, I only have two other problems outstanding. I'll post
them here to see if someone can help my understanding:

1. Forwards: I'm having trouble doing a message forward. I can call .Forward
successfully, and then I get the the Recipients collection and try to add a
new recipient. Well, when I call .Resolve on the new recipient, it throws an
exception. I haven't had time to research this thoroughly, so it may be
something stupid. I'll probably research it late today or early tomorrow,
and if I can't resolve it myself, I'll post more details. The user I am
resolving on is, for instance, "ldap2", who exists in the address book. If I
do a .Reply on a message from "ldap2", then it replies successfully. I only
get the problem when I try to do a forward.
2. Internet Email Address: I didn't setup/install GroupWise, and the guy who
did is working on this independently. He seems to think he's got this almost
done. Even so, the problem I have is that if I open GroupWise and try to
send an email to an internet email address - i.e.
john.doe@johndoesoftware.com - it tells me "Some addresses are undeliverable
and have been crossed out. Would you like to go to the address book to
resolve them?" I'm expecting that this will be resolved, but I guess I'm
just worried whether or not my code for reply (and forward) will still work
when the recipients are internet addresses.

Jason

"Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote in message
news:48284AAC.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
> Do you set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true?
> Do you need to use MAPI address books?
> It sounds like something is trying to load the MAPI address book
> providers.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Friday, May 09, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Jason Foster<jasonphos@pobox.com>

> wrote:
>> I'm getting a message box titled "Address Book Warning" that says ""The
>> resource DLL corresponding to the language specified by the
>> 'Software\Novell\GroupWise\Interface Language' setting in the Windows
>> registry could not be found. A resource DLL based on the language 'US'

> has
>> been found and is being used instead."
>>
>> I have two questions/concerns:
>>
>> 1. How do I fix this? I looked at the registry path in question, and the
>> path exists, and there is one key present: The Default key, with value

> "US".
>> 2. This is a windows service, and I would very much prefer to not get any
>> messages. I'm calling multi-logon with the "/ntservice" switch, and
>> WhenToPrompt set to egwNeverPrompt, so I wouldn't expect to see any
>> messages, per the documentation:
>>
>> Note: I get this message sporadically, like every 10 or 20 messages
>> processed. I'm not sure if I'm getting it on the same messages every time

> or
>> not. I've got two accounts going at the same time as separate threads,

> each
>> one has called MultiLogin. I also have them emailing each other
>> back-and-forth as fast as they can. It seems to take about 1.5 minutes

> for
>> each to fire off 40-50 emails.
>>
>> Here is my multiLogin:
>>
>> //Calculate the CmdLine using this example: "/ipa-199.99.99.99 /ipp-1677
>> /ntservice"
>> CString csCmdLine = _T("");
>> csCmdLine.Format("/ipa-%s /ipp-%s /ntservice", csServerName, csPort);
>> V_I2(&vWhenToPrompt) = egwNeverPrompt;
>> if(!SUCCEEDED(m_pIGWSession->MultiLogin(bstrUserID, vCmdLine, vPassword,
>> vWhenToPrompt, vReserved, &pDIGWAccount)))



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

I set the MultiLoginAddressBookSupport at the Application level. Do I also
need to set it at the Account level? I would think it would do it for me.
Anyways, when setting it at the application level, I still get the message.


I identified the cause of the message by waiting for it to pop up, and then
placing a break point on all calls to GroupWise API functions. First, I
investigated the call stack, and the call was within the MAPI32.dll, or some
such name (I don't have it up anymore). So this is consistent with it being
an MAPI problem.. Then, when I let the program run, it hit my breakpoint on
this line:

pIGWMessageToSend->Send(&pDIGWRetMessage);

Note: this pDIGWRetMessage is being generated using a call to .Reply() on
another message. Note2: It'll run for 60 or 70 emails without popping up, so
it works most of the time... Also, when run as a single thread, it never
pops up.

My question: You say "Do you need to use MAPI address books?" and I would
say to you that I don't understand what that means, but all I need to do is
send a reply message.... If there is something I can do to turn MAPI address
books off, then please let me know. Sincerely,

Jason
"Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote in message
news:48284AAC.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
> Do you set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true?
> Do you need to use MAPI address books?
> It sounds like something is trying to load the MAPI address book
> providers.
>
> Preston
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

This is a bug in the code 7.0.2 and below where the MAPI address books
will load. It is fixed in 7.0.3. If possible it is advised to upgrade to
7.0.3.
That said, during the Message.Send we will try to resolve the email
address. You can resolve the recipients by doing the Recipients.Resolve()
before you call Message.Send.

You can set the MultiLoginAddressBookSupport at the Application level
or at the Account level. It is the same object.

To send to internet email addresses, you have to have at least one GWIA
running. It is acting like you don't have one configured.

If you have MAPI address books or LDAP address books, you will have to
use the MAPI service providers. The MultiLoginAddressBookSupprt set
to true will bypass the MAPI service providers and look at the GroupWise
address books directly.

Let me know if I missed something or you have further questions.

Preston

>>> On Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Jason Foster<jasonphos@pobox.com>

wrote:
> I set the MultiLoginAddressBookSupport at the Application level. Do I also


> need to set it at the Account level? I would think it would do it for me.


> Anyways, when setting it at the application level, I still get the

message.
>
>
> I identified the cause of the message by waiting for it to pop up, and

then
> placing a break point on all calls to GroupWise API functions. First, I
> investigated the call stack, and the call was within the MAPI32.dll, or

some
>
> such name (I don't have it up anymore). So this is consistent with it

being
> an MAPI problem.. Then, when I let the program run, it hit my breakpoint

on
> this line:
>
> pIGWMessageToSend->Send(&pDIGWRetMessage);
>
> Note: this pDIGWRetMessage is being generated using a call to .Reply() on


> another message. Note2: It'll run for 60 or 70 emails without popping up,

so
>
> it works most of the time... Also, when run as a single thread, it never
> pops up.
>
> My question: You say "Do you need to use MAPI address books?" and I would


> say to you that I don't understand what that means, but all I need to do

is
> send a reply message.... If there is something I can do to turn MAPI

address
>
> books off, then please let me know. Sincerely,
>
> Jason
> "Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote in message
> news:48284AAC.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
>> Do you set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true?
>> Do you need to use MAPI address books?
>> It sounds like something is trying to load the MAPI address book
>> providers.
>>
>> Preston
>>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message box displayed when running as service

Ok, this is good news. I'm running 7.0.1.

We'll upgrade and verify that the problem goes away. For now, you have
answered all of my questions, and I thank you very kindly. I may post
another message if I run into another hurdle.

Sincerely,

Jason
"Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote in message
news:48297B14.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
> This is a bug in the code 7.0.2 and below where the MAPI address books
> will load. It is fixed in 7.0.3. If possible it is advised to upgrade to
> 7.0.3.
> That said, during the Message.Send we will try to resolve the email
> address. You can resolve the recipients by doing the Recipients.Resolve()
> before you call Message.Send.
>
> You can set the MultiLoginAddressBookSupport at the Application level
> or at the Account level. It is the same object.
>
> To send to internet email addresses, you have to have at least one GWIA
> running. It is acting like you don't have one configured.
>
> If you have MAPI address books or LDAP address books, you will have to
> use the MAPI service providers. The MultiLoginAddressBookSupprt set
> to true will bypass the MAPI service providers and look at the GroupWise
> address books directly.
>
> Let me know if I missed something or you have further questions.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Jason Foster<jasonphos@pobox.com>

> wrote:
>> I set the MultiLoginAddressBookSupport at the Application level. Do I
>> also

>
>> need to set it at the Account level? I would think it would do it for me.

>
>> Anyways, when setting it at the application level, I still get the

> message.
>>
>>
>> I identified the cause of the message by waiting for it to pop up, and

> then
>> placing a break point on all calls to GroupWise API functions. First, I
>> investigated the call stack, and the call was within the MAPI32.dll, or

> some
>>
>> such name (I don't have it up anymore). So this is consistent with it

> being
>> an MAPI problem.. Then, when I let the program run, it hit my breakpoint

> on
>> this line:
>>
>> pIGWMessageToSend->Send(&pDIGWRetMessage);
>>
>> Note: this pDIGWRetMessage is being generated using a call to .Reply() on

>
>> another message. Note2: It'll run for 60 or 70 emails without popping up,

> so
>>
>> it works most of the time... Also, when run as a single thread, it never
>> pops up.
>>
>> My question: You say "Do you need to use MAPI address books?" and I would

>
>> say to you that I don't understand what that means, but all I need to do

> is
>> send a reply message.... If there is something I can do to turn MAPI

> address
>>
>> books off, then please let me know. Sincerely,
>>
>> Jason
>> "Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote in message
>> news:48284AAC.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
>>> Do you set Application.MultiLoginAddressBookSupport to true?
>>> Do you need to use MAPI address books?
>>> It sounds like something is trying to load the MAPI address book
>>> providers.
>>>
>>> Preston
>>>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.