Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
jmckay123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Retrieving more than 5000 entries from getItemsRequest

The documentation says a max of 5000 entries will be returned, and if there are more, I should use a filter to refine the search. But I do in fact want to get them all. I was hoping there would be something like a "start" property that I could use in conjunction with "count" to get all the items in smaller batches. The items in question are emails, so I might be able to use dates, but I don't know what date ranges are there, and what values I should use to limit the batch to < 5000. Is there some other way to construct a filter to do what I want?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Retrieving more than 5000 entries from getItemsRequest

You should use the cursor calls:
createCursorRequest
readCursorRequest
destroyCursorRequest

You should try to reduce the size of the responses.
You should try to keep the size of the response under 64 KB.
Depending on the amount of data that is returned, you
should probably ask for less then 100 items per
readCursorRequest call.

Preston

>>>

> The documentation says a max of 5000 entries will be returned, and if
> there are more, I should use a filter to refine the search. But I do in
> fact want to get them all. I was hoping there would be something like a
> "start" property that I could use in conjunction with "count" to get all
> the items in smaller batches. The items in question are emails, so I
> might be able to use dates, but I don't know what date ranges are there,
> and what values I should use to limit the batch to < 5000. Is there
> some other way to construct a filter to do what I want?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.