Highlighted
babelworx Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1676 views

Search multiple users with displayName causes memerr 33025

I experimented with this a bit and came to the conclusion that having FilterGroups in the list FilterGroup.elements simply does not work.

On the other hand, I came across interesting behaviour when doing a search for users. If I do a search for multiple users using a simple Filter -> FilterGroup (with op == 'or') -> FilterEntry (for each user) whereby the FilterEntry is of the form:
FilterEntry.op = 'eq'
FilterEntry.field = 'lastName'
FilterEntry.value = 'Obama'

Then it works - the results are as expected. However when I repeat the search using displayName instead of lastName, I get a memory failure. The entire SOAP trace is here: www private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

According to the docs, it would seem as if using displayName is legal - it is even recommended as this field is indexed:

Filtering the system address book using firstName, lastName, displayName, or department is fastest because the fields are indexed. If you filter using any of the other fields, the searches are time-consuming because the fields are not in the index.


( see the docs on 'Using Filters and Views' here: Novell Documentation )

Does anyone know if this is a bug in gwise itself or am I trying to do something that simply is not allowed.

What I am trying to do is to do a single search for multiple users (i.e. I only want to make a single trip to the server rather than looping over all the users I want to search).
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
babelworx Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Search multiple users with displayName causes memerr 330

The SOAP trace which actually works is here: www private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

because it's relatively short, I'll post it here too:


<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types" xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:tns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<SOAP-ENV:Header>
<tns:session>_C8Ayq3j6U8vAvUV</tns:session>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getItemsRequest>
<container xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods" xsi:type="ns0:uid">GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52</container>
<filter xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
<ns0:element xsi:type="FilterGroup">
<ns0:op xsi:type="FilterOp">or</ns0:op>
<ns0:element xsi:type="FilterEntry">
<ns0:op xsi:type="FilterOp">eq</ns0:op>
<ns0:field>lastName</ns0:field>
<ns0:value>Farrell</ns0:value>
</ns0:element>
<ns0:element xsi:type="FilterEntry">
<ns0:op xsi:type="FilterOp">eq</ns0:op>
<ns0:field>lastName</ns0:field>
<ns0:value>Weigert</ns0:value>
</ns0:element>
</ns0:element>
</filter>
<items xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">-1</items>
<count xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods" xsi:nil="true"/>
</ns1:getItemsRequest>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Search multiple users with displayName causes memerr 33025

The problem that you are having is that the displayName
doesn't exist as a field in the system address book.
The displayName is generated from the first name and
last name. If you filter on displayName, then under
the covers, there is a complex and and or filter on
the first and last name to match the displayName.

If you want to search on multiple users, you will have
to build up your on filter using first and last name
(which would get quite confusing).

>>> On Monday, July 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM,

babelworx<babelworx@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> I experimented with this a bit and came to the conclusion that having
> FilterGroups in the list FilterGroup.elements simply does not work.
>
> On the other hand, I came across interesting behaviour when doing a
> search for users. If I do a search for multiple users using a simple
> Filter ‑> FilterGroup (with op == 'or') ‑> FilterEntry (for each

user)
> whereby the FilterEntry is of the form:
> FilterEntry.op = 'eq'
> FilterEntry.field = 'lastName'
> FilterEntry.value = 'Obama'
>
> Then it works ‑ the results are as expected. However when I repeat the
> search using displayName instead of lastName, I get a memory failure.
> The entire SOAP trace is here: 'www private pastebin ‑ collaborative
> debugging tool' (http://www.pastebin.org/3167)
>
> According to the docs, it would seem as if using displayName is legal ‑
> it is even recommended as this field is indexed:
>>
>> Filtering the system address book using firstName, lastName,
>> displayName, or department is fastest because the fields are indexed. If
>> you filter using any of the other fields, the searches are
>> time‑consuming because the fields are not in the index.
>>

>
> ( see the docs on 'Using Filters and Views' here: 'Novell
> Documentation'
>

(http://developer.novell.com/documentation/gwsoap/gwwbserv/index.html?page=/

> documentation/gwsoap/gwwbserv/data/bktitle.html)
> )
>
> Does anyone know if this is a bug in gwise itself or am I trying to do
> something that simply is not allowed.
>
> What I am trying to do is to do a single search for multiple users
> (i.e. I only want to make a single trip to the server rather than
> looping over all the users I want to search).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.