PhilippeGerard Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SortFolders() Token throws an invalid operation error

Hello,

I have a big trouble with the SortFolder() token which simply isn't recognized by the GroupwiseCommander.

I just want to alphabetically sort a folder's subfolders and the Object API doesn't give me any way to do it, as far as I've seen.
The problem I encounter does not seem to come from the arguments I pass to the SortFolder() token, the token itself seems to be unknown to Groupwise.

I'm actually sorting the folders manually by re-creating then in inverse order, but this temporary solution is painful, not elegant at all and randomly throws access errors if I go too fast.

As described in the documentation, this method can take one parameter which is the folder name. I'm also asking myself how it cannot be ambiguous, for example if I have a Cabinet/FolderToSort folder and a Mailbox/FolderToSort folder.
Am I supposed to pass it a complete path? the folder's ID?

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious or trivial!

I'm using Groupwise 8.0.2, on a 32 bits Windows XP (don't blame me), and trying to automate from a .NET environment.

Many thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.