lionfish Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2826 views

Timed out when retrieving the response

Trying to create recurrent meetings but can not get response from the server. The meetings were created fine, verified using mail client.

However, caught System.Net.WebException exception, saying that "The operation has timed out".

Is there anything wrong or where can I increase the response time limit?

Following is the request message.


[HTML]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sendItemRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<item xmlns:q1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types" xsi:type="q1:Appointment" xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
<q1:status>
<q1:private>false</q1:private>
</q1:status>
<q1:source>sent</q1:source>
<q1:delivered>0001-01-01T00:00:00</q1:delivered>
<q1:subject>ffi2'>**`@xVM(OMT/bWMCOd</q1:subject>
<q1:distribution>
<q1:from>
<q1:email>LShenTBN5-1@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
</q1:from>
<q1:recipients>
<q1:recipient>
<q1:email>LShenTBN5-4@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
</q1:recipient>
<q1:recipient>
<q1:email>LShenTBN5-1@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
</q1:recipient>
</q1:recipients>
</q1:distribution>
<q1:message>
<q1:part>Mk56QkZ2WFcgdDFdIHN6VDU9ci03bzJSJSIgKm1nYT4mKSJpMSB7eGNYUyAgUCUkQVRwa1tfPyNkXDMgPSAgJV4s</q1:part>
</q1:message>
<q1:options />
<q1:rrule>
<q1:frequency>Daily</q1:frequency>
<q1:until>2010-04-17</q1:until>
<q1:interval>1</q1:interval>
</q1:rrule>
<q1:startDate>2009-04-17T16:23:00-04:00</q1:startDate>
<q1:endDate>2009-04-17T17:23:00-04:00</q1:endDate>
<q1:acceptLevel>Busy</q1:acceptLevel>
<q1:alarm enabled="true">900</q1:alarm>
<q1:allDayEvent>false</q1:allDayEvent>
<q1:place>[WA,XQ$yoE9TqhAEpX&J</q1:place>
</item>
</sendItemRequest>[/HTML]
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timed out when retrieving the response

lionfish wrote:
> Trying to create recurrent meetings but can not get response from the
> server. The meetings were created fine, verified using mail client.
>
> However, caught System.Net.WebException exception, saying that "The
> operation has timed out".
>
> Is there anything wrong or where can I increase the response time
> limit?
>
> Following is the request message.
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <sendItemRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <item xmlns:q1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types"
> xsi:type="q1:Appointment"
> xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
> <q1:status>
> <q1:private>false</q1:private>
> </q1:status>
> <q1:source>sent</q1:source>
> <q1:delivered>0001-01-01T00:00:00</q1:delivered>
> <q1:subject>ffi2'>**`@xVM(OMT/bWMCOd</q1:subject>
> <q1:distribution>
> <q1:from>
>
> <q1:email>LShenTBN5-1@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
> </q1:from>
> <q1:recipients>
> <q1:recipient>
>
> <q1:email>LShenTBN5-4@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
> </q1:recipient>
> <q1:recipient>
>
> <q1:email>LShenTBN5-1@tbn5ssvv.bbapps.sqm.testnet.rim.net</q1:email>
> </q1:recipient>
> </q1:recipients>
> </q1:distribution>
> <q1:message>
>
> <q1:part>Mk56QkZ2WFcgdDFdIHN6VDU9ci03bzJSJSIgKm1nYT4mKSJpMSB7eGNYUyAgUCUkQVRwa1tfPyNkXDMgPSAgJV4s</q1:part>
> </q1:message>
> <q1:options />
> <q1:rrule>
> <q1:frequency>Daily</q1:frequency>
> <q1:until>2010-04-17</q1:until>
> <q1:interval>1</q1:interval>
> </q1:rrule>
> <q1:startDate>2009-04-17T16:23:00-04:00</q1:startDate>
> <q1:endDate>2009-04-17T17:23:00-04:00</q1:endDate>
> <q1:acceptLevel>Busy</q1:acceptLevel>
> <q1:alarm enabled="true">900</q1:alarm>
> <q1:allDayEvent>false</q1:allDayEvent>
> <q1:place>[WA,XQ$yoE9TqhAEpX&J</q1:place>
> </item>
> </sendItemRequest>
>
>

If your web method is doing a WebRequest maybe that is what is timing
out. You need to set the timeout property on the WebRequest object.:

myWebRequest.Timeout = 30000000;

0 Likes
Highlighted
lionfish Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timed out when retrieving the response

mikebell90;1776710 wrote:
lionfish wrote:
If your web method is doing a WebRequest maybe that is what is timing
out. You need to set the timeout property on the WebRequest object.:

myWebRequest.Timeout = 30000000;


I am using GW Web Service (SOAP) to communicate with the server.
The request I sent is sendItemRequest.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timed out when retrieving the response

lionfish wrote:
> mikebell90;1776710 Wrote:
>> lionfish wrote:
>> If your web method is doing a WebRequest maybe that is what is timing
>> out. You need to set the timeout property on the WebRequest object.:
>>
>> myWebRequest.Timeout = 30000000;

>
> I am using GW Web Service (SOAP) to communicate with the server.
> The request I sent is sendItemRequest.
>
>

That's nice. But of course SOAP IS http, and I assume that MS can set it.

Making the simple google query

soap http timeout .net

produces

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.services.protocols.webclientprotocol.timeout(vs.71).aspx

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timed out when retrieving the response

The timeout property is located on the UserBinding object...

Log the user in

cUser.userLoginTrustedApplication(UserInfo)

then

cUser.getUserBinding.Timeout = 30000000

regards.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timed out when retrieving the response

excellent!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.