lena_durst Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Toolbar Button not Showing

Hi,

I'm new to GroupWise development and my first try is to create a C3PO that adds a button to the mail-creation window.
I created a C3PO, handling the toolbar, I selected GW.Message.Mail and added a new toolbar button. As Code, I selected .NET and VB and also created an exe.
Without changing something, I registered the C3PO for GroupWise, because I wanted to see where the button appears before I implement any functionality.
But it doesn't appear.

I guess the registration worked (or.. did at least something) , because since I did it, GroupWise is having problems (When I want to open a new mail, close it and then try to open a new mail again, nothing happens. This didn't occur before).
To register it, I added my exe to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise folder and then called RegAsm.exe with my exe as file.

Of course I already searched for solutions to my problem, but most answers are about a wrong icon... and as I didn't change anything, the bitmap for the button is still the default icons.dll. I expect there's no problem with the default icon? 😄

Hope you can help me!
Lena
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
lena_durst Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Toolbar Button not Showing

Ok, nevermind... The button isn't the problem. I tried some Event-C3PO and it doesn't show too.

I think it's the registration of the C3PO. Is there something special I have to do to register it?
I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, and GroupWise 14.2.3.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.