Highlighted
blced Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade GroupWise 8.0 to 2012

Hi,

I've a visual basic program that is not working now after an upgrade of GroupWise 8.0 to GroupWise 2012.
This program use the "Interop.AdminTypeLibrary.dll" (version 1.0.0) to connect and talk to GroupWise.
It create, update and remove users, mailgroups and groups with this program.
It all worked fine with GroupWise 8.0, but after the upgrade to GroupWise 2012 the updates to users doesn't get saved.

Anyone that can point me in right direction on how to debug this. Like the documentation with the difference in SDK for GroupWise 8.0 to 2012.
Or if I need to use some other .dll file to make my program support 2012.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
johnbaird Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade GroupWise 8.0 to 2012

From the GroupWise API viewpoint (both Admin Object API and Object API), I don't recall any changes being required for GroupWise 2012. I use C rather than VB and my code just worked without change on 2012. One exception is that if using trusted apps, you will need an updated gwtapp.dll.

Can you be more specific about exactly which actions are failing? Are user creations and deletions successful?

John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.