Highlighted
johnbaird Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using REST with other than the console admin account

I was asked yesterday whether it was possible to allow someone to change 2014 passwords via REST without giving them the admin console password.

I'm not aware of being able to use the REST API without using the console admin account. Attempting to authenticate using a system, domain or PO admin account all result in errors.

I just want to double check that I'm not overlooking anything here. If not, are there any plans to provide some granularity in management via REST e.g. to allow system, domain or PO admins to perform tasks within their areas of authority, or to provide the equivalent of eDirectory's "Password Management" right allowing delegation of password changes?

TIA, John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using REST with other than the console admin account

John, not sure why you are getting errors, but you should be able to authenticate using any system/domain/po administrator..

--Morris

>>> johnbaird<johnbaird@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 11/2/2016 5:06 PM >>>

I was asked yesterday whether it was possible to allow someone to change

2014 passwords via REST without giving them the admin console password.

I'm not aware of being able to use the REST API without using the

console admin account. Attempting to authenticate using a system, domain

or PO admin account all result in errors.

I just want to double check that I'm not overlooking anything here. If

not, are there any plans to provide some granularity in management via

REST e.g. to allow system, domain or PO admins to perform tasks within

their areas of authority, or to provide the equivalent of eDirectory's

"Password Management" right allowing delegation of password changes?

TIA, John

--

johnbaird

------------------------------------------------------------------------
johnbaird's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=41963

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=501031
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.