Highlighted
Achaia Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2025 views

Web Services Connection URL Help

Hey guys,

I hate to create a thread for something that seems so simple but I can't for the life of me find a simple answer anywhere. When I'm trying to communicate with the GroupWise web services on a version 7 installation I'm having a hard time finding the correct URL. I've been trying "http://[domainname]/gw/webacc/" and the login seems to work but when I call the getItemsRequest method on the GroupWiseBinding object it's returning HTML which basically looks like it would be the interface that's returned for when a user logs in via the web access. My assumption is that I'm using the wrong URL to interact with the web service but I'm not sure because I'm having a hell of a time trying to research this.

Just to give you guys a little bit of background about what I'm dealing with too this is a project that I've inherited from a developer no longer at our company and I've never worked on it before so I'm starting from scratch. Spent nearly a week looking at this on and off and I've come up with nothing. I really need to get some traction here and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Services Connection URL Help

The url would be:
http://server:7191/soap

That is if the port 7191 is enabled for SOAP.
Port 7191 is the default SOAP port.
You also need a "SOAPAction" http header.
The "Content-Type" header value needs to be "text/xml".

That all said, you would be hard pressed to get soap
to work on 7.0.x. Also given that fact that 7.0.x is
no longer supported (at least for doing soap work).

Preston

>>> On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM,

Achaia<Achaia@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I hate to create a thread for something that seems so simple but I
> can't for the life of me find a simple answer anywhere. When I'm trying
> to communicate with the GroupWise web services on a version 7
> installation I'm having a hard time finding the correct URL. I've been
> trying "http://[domainname]/gw/webacc/" and the login seems to work but
> when I call the getItemsRequest method on the GroupWiseBinding object
> it's returning HTML which basically looks like it would be the interface
> that's returned for when a user logs in via the web access. My
> assumption is that I'm using the wrong URL to interact with the web
> service but I'm not sure because I'm having a hell of a time trying to
> research this.
>
> Just to give you guys a little bit of background about what I'm dealing
> with too this is a project that I've inherited from a developer no
> longer at our company and I've never worked on it before so I'm starting
> from scratch. Spent nearly a week looking at this on and off and I've
> come up with nothing. I really need to get some traction here and any
> help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Achaia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Services Connection URL Help

Preston Stephenson;2107153 wrote:
The url would be:
http://server:7191/soap

That is if the port 7191 is enabled for SOAP.
Port 7191 is the default SOAP port.
You also need a "SOAPAction" http header.
The "Content-Type" header value needs to be "text/xml".

That all said, you would be hard pressed to get soap
to work on 7.0.x. Also given that fact that 7.0.x is
no longer supported (at least for doing soap work).

Preston


Thanks a million for your response! I tried the specified port number and the /soap and wasn't able to get it to work still. I'm actually not manually creating the packets being sent to the web services though, it's being created as an object through a web reference in a C# .NET project. When I inherited this project I was told it was for integration with GroupWise 7 but unfortunately the test server that our developer used to build this has been formatted so I no longer have access to it and am trying to test with a customer's server. Perhaps they were misinformed though and this is indeed on version 8. Is there any way for me to test/verify what version this integration was actually built for based on the Reference.cs file?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Services Connection URL Help

It shouldn't matter which version of the schema
that you are using.
You need to make sure the port is enabled on the POA.
If you are still having a problem, you could do a
SOAP trace to see what is actually sent and received
from the POA. Google for MsSoapT3.exe. The ms soap
trace utility is pretty simple. (It is part of a
soap SDK.)

Preston

>>> On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 3:36 PM,

Achaia<Achaia@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
wrote:

> Preston Stephenson;2107153 Wrote:
>> The url would be:
>> http://server:7191/soap
>>
>> That is if the port 7191 is enabled for SOAP.
>> Port 7191 is the default SOAP port.
>> You also need a "SOAPAction" http header.
>> The "Content‑Type" header value needs to be "text/xml".
>>
>> That all said, you would be hard pressed to get soap
>> to work on 7.0.x. Also given that fact that 7.0.x is
>> no longer supported (at least for doing soap work).
>>
>> Preston
>>

>
> Thanks a million for your response! I tried the specified port number
> and the /soap and wasn't able to get it to work still. I'm actually not
> manually creating the packets being sent to the web services though,
> it's being created as an object through a web reference in a C# .NET
> project. When I inherited this project I was told it was for
> integration with GroupWise 7 but unfortunately the test server that our
> developer used to build this has been formatted so I no longer have
> access to it and am trying to test with a customer's server. Perhaps
> they were misinformed though and this is indeed on version 8. Is there
> any way for me to test/verify what version this integration was actually
> built for based on the Reference.cs file?

0 Likes
Achaia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Services Connection URL Help

Preston Stephenson;2107176 wrote:
It shouldn't matter which version of the schema
that you are using.
You need to make sure the port is enabled on the POA.
If you are still having a problem, you could do a
SOAP trace to see what is actually sent and received
from the POA. Google for MsSoapT3.exe. The ms soap
trace utility is pretty simple. (It is part of a
soap SDK.)


I actually wasn't even able to connect at all using the URL format that you gave me. I got a 404 page not found exception. Have you ever written an integration application in .NET using the GroupWise web service? If so do you have some code examples that I might be able to look at? Maybe that will help me out.

Thanks again!
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Services Connection URL Help

If you look in the SOAP SDK, there are examples
written in .NET. If you have specific questions,
fill free to post them.

>>> On Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM,

Achaia<Achaia@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
wrote:

> Preston Stephenson;2107176 Wrote:
>> It shouldn't matter which version of the schema
>> that you are using.
>> You need to make sure the port is enabled on the POA.
>> If you are still having a problem, you could do a
>> SOAP trace to see what is actually sent and received
>> from the POA. Google for MsSoapT3.exe. The ms soap
>> trace utility is pretty simple. (It is part of a
>> soap SDK.)

>
> I actually wasn't even able to connect at all using the URL format that
> you gave me. I got a 404 page not found exception. Have you ever
> written an integration application in .NET using the GroupWise web
> service? If so do you have some code examples that I might be able to
> look at? Maybe that will help me out.
>
> Thanks again!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.