leek4781 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2130 views

how to get contain attachment email

i use the following filter to get email that contain attachment message, but
the filter is not work.

java code:

FilterEntry gwFE = new FilterEntry();// Instantiate a FilterEntry
gwFE.setField("size");
gwFE.setValue("0");
gwFE.setOp(FilterOp.gt);
gwFilter.setElement(gwFE);// getItemsRequest is called with the filter.

server : groupwise 7.0.3, windows server 2003



Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

Sorry, it will be awhile before I can look at it.
What does the SOAP trace look like?

Preston

>>> On Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 11:33 PM, mengming<angle4781@163.com>

wrote:
> i use the following filter to get email that contain attachment message,

but
> the filter is not work.
>
> java code:
>
> FilterEntry gwFE = new FilterEntry();// Instantiate a FilterEntry
> gwFE.setField("size");
> gwFE.setValue("0");
> gwFE.setOp(FilterOp.gt);
> gwFilter.setElement(gwFE);// getItemsRequest is called with the filter.
>
> server : groupwise 7.0.3, windows server 2003

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

Sorry, I did a test.
I couldn't create an item with size of 0. In a posted mail item, the size
was 256.
The size is the size of the message plus the size of the attachments. If an
item
has an attachment, it has the <hasAttachment>1</hasAttachment> element.
I'm not sure if there is a way to query for only items with attachments.
I'll have to do some searching.

Preston

>>> On Friday, May 09, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Preston

Stephenson<PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote:
> Sorry, it will be awhile before I can look at it.
> What does the SOAP trace look like?
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 11:33 PM, mengming<angle4781@163.com>

> wrote:
>> i use the following filter to get email that contain attachment message,

> but
>> the filter is not work.
>>
>> java code:
>>
>> FilterEntry gwFE = new FilterEntry();// Instantiate a FilterEntry
>> gwFE.setField("size");
>> gwFE.setValue("0");
>> gwFE.setOp(FilterOp.gt);
>> gwFilter.setElement(gwFE);// getItemsRequest is called with the filter.
>>
>> server : groupwise 7.0.3, windows server 2003

0 Likes
leek4781 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

sorry, i saw your reply just now .

On the soap document "1.17.2 Filtering on Different Item Types", there is
a size (attachment size) fields . Is the size the message plus the size
of the attachments ?

If a message has attachments , hasAttachment property is true. but
hasAttachment is not a filter field.


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

I need to check to see if there is a way to search for items with
attachments.
It might be a few days before I can look at the issue.

Preston

>>> On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM, leek<angle4781@163.com> wrote:

> sorry, i saw your reply just now .
>
> On the soap document "1.17.2 Filtering on Different Item Types", there

is
> a size (attachment size) fields . Is the size the message plus the

size
> of the attachments ?
>
> If a message has attachments , hasAttachment property is true. but
> hasAttachment is not a filter field.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

There is not a good way to apply a filter to search for items with
attachments.
We would have to read all of the items to determine which items have
attachments, then throw away the data we just read. You would be better
served just handling the data on the items read in the first place.

Preston

>>> On Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Preston

Stephenson<PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote:
> I need to check to see if there is a way to search for items with
> attachments.
> It might be a few days before I can look at the issue.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM, leek<angle4781@163.com> wrote:

>> sorry, i saw your reply just now .
>>
>> On the soap document "1.17.2 Filtering on Different Item Types", there

> is
>> a size (attachment size) fields . Is the size the message plus the

> size
>> of the attachments ?
>>
>> If a message has attachments , hasAttachment property is true. but
>> hasAttachment is not a filter field.

0 Likes
leek4781 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to get contain attachment email

Preston thank you very much.


"Preston Stephenson" <PStephenson@gw.novell.com> дÈëÏûÏ¢
news:48314ED8.07F1.0037.1@gw.novell.com...
> There is not a good way to apply a filter to search for items with
> attachments.
> We would have to read all of the items to determine which items have
> attachments, then throw away the data we just read. You would be better
> served just handling the data on the items read in the first place.
>
> Preston
>
>>>> On Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Preston

> Stephenson<PStephenson@gw.novell.com> wrote:
>> I need to check to see if there is a way to search for items with
>> attachments.
>> It might be a few days before I can look at the issue.
>>
>> Preston
>>
>>>>> On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM, leek<angle4781@163.com> wrote:
>>> sorry, i saw your reply just now .
>>>
>>> On the soap document "1.17.2 Filtering on Different Item Types", there

>> is
>>> a size (attachment size) fields . Is the size the message plus the

>> size
>>> of the attachments ?
>>>
>>> If a message has attachments , hasAttachment property is true. but
>>> hasAttachment is not a filter field.



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.