Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2142 views

problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Hi,
the code worked in GW 8, but now with SP1 I get the following error:

unexpected element name:
expected={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}id,
actual={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}name

I'am calling getItemRequest with the id of distribution list and vie set
to 'id' and 'members' to get the member list.
I thing that problem is in the XML validation, because the response (see
below) doesn't contain id attribute for GroupMember, but the types.xsd
specifies that there must be an id attribute:

--- from types.xsd

<xs:complexType name="GroupMember">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref="tns:id"/>
<xs:element ref="tns:name" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element ref="tns:email" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element name="distType" type="tns:DistributionType" minOccurs="0"
default="TO"/>
<xs:element name="itemType" type="tns:ContactType" minOccurs="0"
default="Contact"/>
<xs:element name="members" type="tns:GroupMemberList" minOccurs="0"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
---

What should I do to get the member list ? Is there a new xsd for GW 8
SP1 ? I didn't found one. The newest SDK has types.xsd from 2008 (before
SP1).

Please help! 🙂

Petr

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
<env:Header>
<ans1:session
xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">VNtOPgUaTp8_8wQk</ans1:session>
<ans1:gwTrace
xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:gwTrace>
</env:Header>
<env:Body>
<ns0:getItemRequest>

<ns0:id>CBDD9E00-0602-0000-A00B-F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52</ns0:id>
<ns0:view>id members</ns0:view>
</ns0:getItemRequest>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<env:Header>
<ans1:gwTrace
xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:gwTrace>
</env:Header>
<env:Body>
<gwm:getItemResponse
xmlns:gwm="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods"
xmlns:gwt="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">
<gwm:item xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="gwt:Group">

<gwt:id>CBDD9E00-0602-0000-A00B-F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52</gwt:id>
<gwt:members>
<gwt:member
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
<gwt:name>Martin Gondek</gwt:name>
<gwt:email>Martin.Gondek@testdom.com</gwt:email>
<gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
</gwt:member>
<gwt:member
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
<gwt:name>Milan Kures</gwt:name>
<gwt:email>Milan.Kures@testdom.com</gwt:email>
<gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
</gwt:member>
</gwt:members>
</gwm:item>
<gwm:status>
<gwt:code>0</gwt:code>
</gwm:status>
</gwm:getItemResponse>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
optionally not have an <id> element.
I logged a bug to look into the problem.
You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

>>> On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Petr Kureš<pkures@gmail.com>

wrote:
> Hi,
> the code worked in GW 8, but now with SP1 I get the following error:
>
> unexpected element name:
> expected={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}id,
> actual={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}name
>
> I'am calling getItemRequest with the id of distribution list and vie set
> to 'id' and 'members' to get the member list.
> I thing that problem is in the XML validation, because the response (see
> below) doesn't contain id attribute for GroupMember, but the types.xsd
> specifies that there must be an id attribute:
>
> ‑‑‑ from types.xsd
>
> <xs:complexType name="GroupMember">
> <xs:sequence>
> <xs:element ref="tns:id"/>
> <xs:element ref="tns:name" minOccurs="0"/>
> <xs:element ref="tns:email" minOccurs="0"/>
> <xs:element name="distType" type="tns:DistributionType" minOccurs="0"
> default="TO"/>
> <xs:element name="itemType" type="tns:ContactType" minOccurs="0"
> default="Contact"/>
> <xs:element name="members" type="tns:GroupMemberList" minOccurs="0"/>
> </xs:sequence>
> </xs:complexType>
> ‑‑‑
>
> What should I do to get the member list ? Is there a new xsd for GW 8
> SP1 ? I didn't found one. The newest SDK has types.xsd from 2008 (before
> SP1).
>
> Please help! :‑)
>
> Petr
>
> <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
> <env:Header>
> <ans1:session
>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">VNtOPgUaTp8_8
w
> Qk</ans1:session>
> <ans1:gwTrace
>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g
wT
> race>
> </env:Header>
> <env:Body>
> <ns0:getItemRequest>
>
>

<ns0:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre
ssBook@52</ns0:
>id>
> <ns0:view>id members</ns0:view>
> </ns0:getItemRequest>
> </env:Body>
> </env:Envelope>
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF‑8"?>
> <env:Envelope xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <env:Header>
> <ans1:gwTrace
>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g
wT
> race>
> </env:Header>
> <env:Body>
> <gwm:getItemResponse
> xmlns:gwm="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods"
> xmlns:gwt="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">
> <gwm:item xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xsi:type="gwt:Group">
>
>

<gwt:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre
ssBook@52</gwt:
>id>
> <gwt:members>
> <gwt:member
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
> <gwt:name>Martin Gondek</gwt:name>
> <gwt:email>Martin.Gondek@testdom.com</gwt:email>
> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
> </gwt:member>
> <gwt:member
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
> <gwt:name>Milan Kures</gwt:name>
> <gwt:email>Milan.Kures@testdom.com</gwt:email>
> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
> </gwt:member>
> </gwt:members>
> </gwm:item>
> <gwm:status>
> <gwt:code>0</gwt:code>
> </gwm:status>
> </gwm:getItemResponse>
> </env:Body>
> </env:Envelope>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Preston Stephenson napsal(a):
> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
> optionally not have an <id> element.

That's exactly what I did yesterday and it works now.

> I logged a bug to look into the problem.

OK. Thanks.

> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

Tried that, but it didn't work.

Regards,
Petr
0 Likes
igstrachan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Did I miss something?

I modified the ID element in the types.xsd (<xs:element minOccurs="0" ref="tns:id" />)

when I try to retrieve the lists contacts (there are 2 contacts) with:

Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
gwDistListItemsRq.container = "6EA4D780-18A4-0000-92EA-000000000000@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52" ' Distribution List
gwDistListItemsRq.view = "Members"
Try
gwDistListItemsRp = gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)

gwDistListItemsRp.Items is Nothing

>>> Petr Kure¨<pkures@gmail.com> 10/14/2009 8:22 AM >>>

Preston Stephenson napsal(a):
> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
> optionally not have an <id> element.

That's exactly what I did yesterday and it works now.

> I logged a bug to look into the problem.

OK. Thanks.

> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

Tried that, but it didn't work.

Regards,
Petr
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Preston Stephenson wrote:
> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
> optionally not have an <id> element.
> I logged a bug to look into the problem.
> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.
>
>>>> On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Petr Kureš<pkures@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the code worked in GW 8, but now with SP1 I get the following error:
>>
>> unexpected element name:
>> expected={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}id,
>> actual={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}name
>>
>> I'am calling getItemRequest with the id of distribution list and vie set
>> to 'id' and 'members' to get the member list.
>> I thing that problem is in the XML validation, because the response (see
>> below) doesn't contain id attribute for GroupMember, but the types.xsd
>> specifies that there must be an id attribute:
>>
>> ‑‑‑ from types.xsd
>>
>> <xs:complexType name="GroupMember">
>> <xs:sequence>
>> <xs:element ref="tns:id"/>
>> <xs:element ref="tns:name" minOccurs="0"/>
>> <xs:element ref="tns:email" minOccurs="0"/>
>> <xs:element name="distType" type="tns:DistributionType" minOccurs="0"
>> default="TO"/>
>> <xs:element name="itemType" type="tns:ContactType" minOccurs="0"
>> default="Contact"/>
>> <xs:element name="members" type="tns:GroupMemberList" minOccurs="0"/>
>> </xs:sequence>
>> </xs:complexType>
>> ‑‑‑
>>
>> What should I do to get the member list ? Is there a new xsd for GW 8
>> SP1 ? I didn't found one. The newest SDK has types.xsd from 2008 (before
>> SP1).
>>
>> Please help! :‑)
>>
>> Petr
>>
>> <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>> xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
>> xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
>> <env:Header>
>> <ans1:session
>>

> xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">VNtOPgUaTp8_8
> w
>> Qk</ans1:session>
>> <ans1:gwTrace
>>

> xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g
> wT
>> race>
>> </env:Header>
>> <env:Body>
>> <ns0:getItemRequest>
>>
>>

> <ns0:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre
> ssBook@52</ns0:
>> id>
>> <ns0:view>id members</ns0:view>
>> </ns0:getItemRequest>
>> </env:Body>
>> </env:Envelope>
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF‑8"?>
>> <env:Envelope xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>> xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>> <env:Header>
>> <ans1:gwTrace
>>

> xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g
> wT
>> race>
>> </env:Header>
>> <env:Body>
>> <gwm:getItemResponse
>> xmlns:gwm="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods"
>> xmlns:gwt="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">
>> <gwm:item xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>> xsi:type="gwt:Group">
>>
>>

> <gwt:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre
> ssBook@52</gwt:
>> id>
>> <gwt:members>
>> <gwt:member
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
>> <gwt:name>Martin Gondek</gwt:name>
>> <gwt:email>Martin.Gondek@testdom.com</gwt:email>
>> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
>> </gwt:member>
>> <gwt:member
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
>> <gwt:name>Milan Kures</gwt:name>
>> <gwt:email>Milan.Kures@testdom.com</gwt:email>
>> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
>> </gwt:member>
>> </gwt:members>
>> </gwm:item>
>> <gwm:status>
>> <gwt:code>0</gwt:code>
>> </gwm:status>
>> </gwm:getItemResponse>
>> </env:Body>
>> </env:Envelope>

I am getting this too. What is the specific change required?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

I couldn't tell what you were asking in this post.
You passed the id of the group as the <container> item.
That will not work.
You can get the item with getItemRequest and pass that
same id as the <id> element.
Pass <view>default members</view>

The view elements are case sensitive.

>>> On Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Ian

Strachan<IStrachan@co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:
> Did I miss something?
>
> I modified the ID element in the types.xsd (<xs:element minOccurs="0"
> ref="tns:id" />)
>
> when I try to retrieve the lists contacts (there are 2 contacts) with:
>
> Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
> Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
> gwDistListItemsRq.container =
>

"6EA4D780‑18A4‑0000‑92EA‑000000000000@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@
52"
> ' Distribution List
> gwDistListItemsRq.view = "Members"
> Try
> gwDistListItemsRp =
> gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)
>
> gwDistListItemsRp.Items is Nothing
>
>>>> Petr Kureš<pkures@gmail.com> 10/14/2009 8:22 AM >>>

> Preston Stephenson napsal(a):
>> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
>> optionally not have an <id> element.

> That's exactly what I did yesterday and it works now.
>
>> I logged a bug to look into the problem.

> OK. Thanks.
>
>> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

> Tried that, but it didn't work.
>
> Regards,
> Petr

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

The <id> element of a GroupMember was
required to be there. There are certain
external entries that won't have an id.
The fix is to make the <id> element
optional.

This is what the schema should look like.

<xs:complexType name="GroupMember">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref="tns:id" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element ref="tns:sid" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element ref="tns:name" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element ref="tns:email" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element name="distType" type="tns:DistributionType" minOccurs="0"
default="TO"/>
<xs:element name="itemType" type="tns:ContactType" minOccurs="0"
default="Contact"/>
<xs:element name="members" type="tns:GroupMemberList" minOccurs="0"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

The change will be in 8.0.1 HP1.

Preston

>>> On Friday, November 13, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Michael

Bell<mikebell90@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Preston Stephenson wrote:
>> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
>> optionally not have an <id> element.
>> I logged a bug to look into the problem.
>> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.
>>
>>>>> On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Petr

Kureš<pkures@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> the code worked in GW 8, but now with SP1 I get the following error:
>>>
>>> unexpected element name:
>>> expected={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}id,
>>> actual={http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types}name
>>>
>>> I'am calling getItemRequest with the id of distribution list and vie set


>>> to 'id' and 'members' to get the member list.
>>> I thing that problem is in the XML validation, because the response (see


>>> below) doesn't contain id attribute for GroupMember, but the types.xsd
>>> specifies that there must be an id attribute:
>>>
>>> ‑‑‑ from types.xsd
>>>
>>> <xs:complexType name="GroupMember">
>>> <xs:sequence>
>>> <xs:element ref="tns:id"/>
>>> <xs:element ref="tns:name" minOccurs="0"/>
>>> <xs:element ref="tns:email" minOccurs="0"/>
>>> <xs:element name="distType" type="tns:DistributionType" minOccurs="0"


>>> default="TO"/>
>>> <xs:element name="itemType" type="tns:ContactType" minOccurs="0"
>>> default="Contact"/>
>>> <xs:element name="members" type="tns:GroupMemberList"

minOccurs="0"/>
>>> </xs:sequence>
>>> </xs:complexType>
>>> ‑‑‑
>>>
>>> What should I do to get the member list ? Is there a new xsd for GW 8
>>> SP1 ? I didn't found one. The newest SDK has types.xsd from 2008 (before


>>> SP1).
>>>
>>> Please help! :‑)
>>>
>>> Petr
>>>
>>> <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>>> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>>> xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
>>> xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
>>> <env:Header>
>>> <ans1:session
>>>

>>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">VNtOPgUaTp8_8

>> w
>>> Qk</ans1:session>
>>> <ans1:gwTrace
>>>

>>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g

>> wT
>>> race>
>>> </env:Header>
>>> <env:Body>
>>> <ns0:getItemRequest>
>>>
>>>

>>

<ns0:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre

>> ssBook@52</ns0:
>>> id>
>>> <ns0:view>id members</ns0:view>
>>> </ns0:getItemRequest>
>>> </env:Body>
>>> </env:Envelope>
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF‑8"?>
>>> <env:Envelope xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>>> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>>> xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>>> <env:Header>
>>> <ans1:gwTrace
>>>

>>

xmlns:ans1="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">false</ans1:g

>> wT
>>> race>
>>> </env:Header>
>>> <env:Body>
>>> <gwm:getItemResponse
>>> xmlns:gwm="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods"
>>> xmlns:gwt="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">
>>> <gwm:item xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"


>>> xsi:type="gwt:Group">
>>>
>>>

>>

<gwt:id>CBDD9E00‑0602‑0000‑A00B‑F7C713F2D39C@58:GroupWiseSystemAddre

>> ssBook@52</gwt:
>>> id>
>>> <gwt:members>
>>> <gwt:member
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>>> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
>>> <gwt:name>Martin Gondek</gwt:name>
>>> <gwt:email>Martin.Gondek@testdom.com</gwt:email>
>>> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
>>> </gwt:member>
>>> <gwt:member
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema‑instance"
>>> xsi:type="gwt:GroupMember">
>>> <gwt:name>Milan Kures</gwt:name>
>>> <gwt:email>Milan.Kures@testdom.com</gwt:email>
>>> <gwt:itemType>Contact</gwt:itemType>
>>> </gwt:member>
>>> </gwt:members>
>>> </gwm:item>
>>> <gwm:status>
>>> <gwt:code>0</gwt:code>
>>> </gwm:status>
>>> </gwm:getItemResponse>
>>> </env:Body>
>>> </env:Envelope>

> I am getting this too. What is the specific change required?

0 Likes
igstrachan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Based on my understanding of your response I tried:

Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
gwDistListItemsRq.container = "GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52" ' Address Book
Dim gwGprItems(0) As String
gwGprItems(0) = "6EA4D780-18A4-0000-92EA-000000000000" ' Distribution List
gwDistListItemsRq.items = gwGprItems
gwDistListItemsRq.view = "default members"
Try
gwDistListItemsRp = gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)

gwDistListItemsRp returned the specific address book I wanted but I still didn't get the contacts within it.

Also when the schema is to be changed for tns:id to be optional, is that change to be made on the Groupwise Server?

>>> Preston Stephenson<PStephenson@gw.novell.com> 11/16/2009 4:17 AM >>>

I couldn't tell what you were asking in this post.
You passed the id of the group as the <container> item.
That will not work.
You can get the item with getItemRequest and pass that
same id as the <id> element.
Pass <view>default members</view>

The view elements are case sensitive.

>>> On Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Ian

Strachan<IStrachan@co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:
> Did I miss something?
>
> I modified the ID element in the types.xsd (<xs:element minOccurs="0"
> ref="tns:id" />)
>
> when I try to retrieve the lists contacts (there are 2 contacts) with:
>
> Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
> Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
> gwDistListItemsRq.container =
>

"6EA4D780-18A4-0000-92EA-000000000000@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@
52"
> ' Distribution List
> gwDistListItemsRq.view = "Members"
> Try
> gwDistListItemsRp =
> gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)
>
> gwDistListItemsRp.Items is Nothing
>
>>>> Petr Kure¨<pkures@gmail.com> 10/14/2009 8:22 AM >>>

> Preston Stephenson napsal(a):
>> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
>> optionally not have an <id> element.

> That's exactly what I did yesterday and it works now.
>
>> I logged a bug to look into the problem.

> OK. Thanks.
>
>> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

> Tried that, but it didn't work.
>
> Regards,
> Petr

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Can you send the SOAP trace of the getItemsRequest?

This is what I did in C#:
private void testGetSABItem()
{
WebReference.getItemsRequest req = new
vcsClient.WebReference.getItemsRequest();
WebReference.getItemsResponse resp;
String[] items = { "46D74080-0CF6-0000-854C-8DC232294BD5" };

req.container = "GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52";
req.view = "default members";
req.items = items;

resp = ws.getItemsRequest(req);
}

This is the SOAP trace.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<soap:Header>
<session
xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">yYw1ndKhwqSTSSjs</
session>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<getItemsRequest
xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods">
<container>GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52</container>
<view>default members</view>
<items>
<item
xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">46D74080-0CF6-0000
-854C-8DC232294BD5</item>
</items>
<count>-1</count>
</getItemsRequest>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

The schema change is for the client side (not the POA).

I did make a change to the POA side.
Now the id should be returned in most cases.
There are some case where an id might not be
returned for extern entries.

The POA change will be in 8.0.1 HP1.

>>> On Monday, November 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Ian

Strachan<IStrachan@co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:
> Based on my understanding of your response I tried:
>
> Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
> Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
> gwDistListItemsRq.container =
> "GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52" ' Address Book
> Dim gwGprItems(0) As String
> gwGprItems(0) =

"6EA4D780‑18A4‑0000‑92EA‑000000000000" '
> Distribution List
> gwDistListItemsRq.items = gwGprItems
> gwDistListItemsRq.view = "default members"
> Try
> gwDistListItemsRp =
> gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)
>
> gwDistListItemsRp returned the specific address book I wanted but I still


> didn't get the contacts within it.
>
> Also when the schema is to be changed for tns:id to be optional, is that
> change to be made on the Groupwise Server?
>
>>>> Preston Stephenson<PStephenson@gw.novell.com> 11/16/2009 4:17 AM >>>

> I couldn't tell what you were asking in this post.
> You passed the id of the group as the <container> item.
> That will not work.
> You can get the item with getItemRequest and pass that
> same id as the <id> element.
> Pass <view>default members</view>
>
> The view elements are case sensitive.
>
>>>> On Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Ian

> Strachan<IStrachan@co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:
>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> I modified the ID element in the types.xsd (<xs:element minOccurs="0"
>> ref="tns:id" />)
>>
>> when I try to retrieve the lists contacts (there are 2 contacts) with:
>>
>> Dim gwDistListItemsRq As New gwws.getItemsRequest
>> Dim gwDistListItemsRp As New gwws.getItemsResponse
>> gwDistListItemsRq.container =
>>

>

"6EA4D780‑18A4‑0000‑92EA‑000000000000@58:GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@

> 52"
>> ' Distribution List
>> gwDistListItemsRq.view = "Members"
>> Try
>> gwDistListItemsRp =
>> gw.getItemsRequest(gwDistListItemsRq)
>>
>> gwDistListItemsRp.Items is Nothing
>>
>>>>> Petr Kureš<pkures@gmail.com> 10/14/2009 8:22 AM >>>

>> Preston Stephenson napsal(a):
>>> For now, you will have to manually change your schema to
>>> optionally not have an <id> element.

>> That's exactly what I did yesterday and it works now.
>>
>>> I logged a bug to look into the problem.

>> OK. Thanks.
>>
>>> You might also try passing "default members" in the view.

>> Tried that, but it didn't work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Petr

0 Likes
igstrachan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

09:57:08 328 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="h
09:57:08 328 ttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3
09:57:08 328 .org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XM
09:57:08 328 LSchema"><soap:Header><gwTrace xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/20
09:57:08 328 05/01/GroupWise/types">True</gwTrace><session xmlns="http://schema
09:57:08 328 s.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">True</session></soap:Header>
09:57:08 328 <soap:Body><getItemsRequest xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/
09:57:08 328 01/GroupWise/methods"><container>GroupWiseSystemAddressBook@52</co
09:57:08 328 ntainer><view>default members</view><items><item xmlns="http://sch
09:57:08 328 emas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">6EA4D780-18A4-0000-92EA-0
09:57:08 328 00000000000</item></items><count>-1</count></getItemsRequest></soa
09:57:08 328 p:Body></soap:Envelope>
09:57:08 328
09:57:08 328 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:xsd="ht
09:57:08 328 tp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/
09:57:08 328 XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/en
09:57:08 328 velope/"><soap:Header/><soap:Body><getItemsResponse xmlns:gwt="htt
09:57:08 328 p://schemas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types" xmlns="http://sche
09:57:08 328 mas.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/methods"><status><gwt:code>59910<
09:57:08 328 /gwt:code><gwt:description>Invalid session string : Invalid sessio
09:57:08 328 n string : - gwd:event:find: True</gwt:description></status></get
09:57:08 328 ItemsResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
09:57:08 328
09:57:18 328 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="h
09:57:18 328 ttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3
09:57:18 328 .org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XM
09:57:18 328 LSchema"><soap:Header><gwTrace xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/20
09:57:18 328 05/01/GroupWise/types">True</gwTrace><session xmlns="http://schema
09:57:18 328 s.novell.com/2005/01/GroupWise/types">True</session></soap:Header>
09:57:18 328 <soap:Body><logoutRequest xmlns="http://schemas.novell.com/2005/01
09:57:18 328 /GroupWise/methods" /></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

I notice Invalid session string. I use the code below to set the session and trace. When I skip over the gwtrace code I get a status of 0.

lblSession.Text = resp.session
gw.session = New gwws.string
Dim aString(0) As String
aString(0) = lblSession.Text
gw.session.Text = aString

gw.gwTrace = New gwws.boolean
aString(0) = "1"
gw.gwTrace.Text = aString
gw.gwTrace.Text(0) = Boolean.TrueString
0 Likes
igstrachan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

Ok, I see the problem with the Trace code and I see where the contacts are listed. Thanks for your help.

Just curious, given all the things that can be done thru soap why was maintaining a distribution list excluded?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem getting distribution list / group members in GW 8 SP1

All of the administration of system address book
entries is excluded from SOAP.
The Admin API is used to do that.

>>> On Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Ian

Strachan<IStrachan@co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:
> Ok, I see the problem with the Trace code and I see where the contacts are


> listed. Thanks for your help.
>
> Just curious, given all the things that can be done thru soap why was
> maintaining a distribution list excluded?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.