qpoonawala Absent Member.
Absent Member.

product compatibility with im.novell.com

Sorry, I wasn't able to find a fitting forum topic and phone/chat reps just pointed me to the forum.

One of my company's customers is having problems connecting to IM.NOVELL.COM (port 443) through a proxy. I was wondering how we could get a demo or trial account to test with on the same service.

Instead, would it be the same as running Novell Messenger server with specific configurations, so we can do it all in house?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dpgiles Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: product compatibility with im.novell.com

Novell uses Novell Messenger which is an Enterprise-grade Instant Messaging system and is currently configured for internal use only. You can however download an eval version of Novell Messenger from here: NOVELL: Downloads - Novell Messenger 2.2 Evaluation Also, if you have a license for Novell GroupWise you are entitled to run Novell Messenger. You would then setup your own evaluation Messenger system. The current version of Novell Messenger is 2.2. You can access the Messenger forum here: GW: Messenger

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have installed eDirectory, Novell Client, ClientOne, and Novell Messenger Server on one windows machine, and Novell Messenger Windows Client on another machine.
I would like to know the primary differences between the Novell Messenger Server install I have and the service at im.novell.com which uses port 443 (HTTPS) instead of 8300.

Would making our messenger server run on port 443 be the same, or are there some extra configurations and security used?
0 Likes
dpgiles Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The default port Messenger uses is 8300; here at Novell we have configured it to use port 443 for firewall reasons. That is the only difference.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for clarifying that. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.