New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Address Book auto search

Idea ID 2782239

Address Book auto search

GW 2018 SP1 client, build 129782
Address Book with 50k entries

When I type a full name (John Doe) into the filter in the top right corner of the Address Book and stop typing for a second after the letter D (John D), the client starts the search automatically and it freezes for multiple seconds. I cannot do anything, I cannot continue typing, cannot cancel the search. It is frustrating so I don't use it at all and this is bad. I would like to start the search only when I press Enter. Or there should be a setting for this, because one setting for every GW system simply doesn't work. If the Address Book contains only a few hundred items, then this auto search function is great. But with 50k items, it is cumbersome. Or maybe there should be a check. If the list contains x thousand or more items, then the auto search should be disabled.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.