New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Be able to strip attachment from a received e-mail

Idea ID 2784089

Be able to strip attachment from a received e-mail

I'd like to be able to retain the text/html body of an email but be able to remove the attachment. Sometimes I get a large attachment which I may save separately and I'd like to be able to keep the e-mail but don't need to keep the attachment with it.
11 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
For GroupWise customers who own an Advansys Formativ Runtime license, one of our free applets, Delete attachments from selected messages, performs this function: http://www.advansyscorp.com/products/extend/fv-solutions/fvsolutions-download/cool-solns-dl/. If you don't have Formativ Runtime, a free 30 day trial can be downloaded to allow the evaluation of the Delete attachments from selected messages solution.
Commodore
Commodore
We have Advansys Formative, and I have tried this solution. The reason we don't use it is that it leave no evidence that there was ever an attachment in the email so there is no record of when/if you received the attachment. There was a utility called GWStrip back in the day that worked well, but they don't make it any more, at least to my knowledge.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
The user complaint we've received about the Formativ app during eval is that it does not preserve the original received date and time.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you for the comments about the Formativ solution. We've recently updated the delete attachments applet solution to include references to the attachment(s) deleted. We'll be posting additional information to our website soon. The original message's date/time should be preserved in the new message by the solution and we'll see if we can duplicate the problem. Which version of GroupWise client exhibited this issue? To discuss any issues related to Advansys solutions for GroupWise, we welcome you to write to support@advansyscorp.com with additional information or questions.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
It was in the days of GroupWise 7.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
How about just adding it to Groupwise without requiring a 3rd party addon????
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi all, contact NDS8 in the UK, one of my colleagues has written a plugin for GroupWise that can strip attachments from emails. Has some nice features. http://www.nds8.co.uk, tel: +44 (0)131 538 8202 Manoj Bhola (Technical Consultant, NDS8).
Commodore
Commodore
Downloaded the latest Advansys solution on the website. Looks like it preserves the date and time of original message but still does not include references to the deleted attachment.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
We dont want to buy additional Software for our 750 Users. Stripping an attachment should be a Standard functionality of Groupwise.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Would be nice if we could save the stripped attachement in Filr and then save the Firl link in GW at that same time.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.