New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Create Messenger-Only-Users Authenticating against eDirectory

Idea ID 2783491

Create Messenger-Only-Users Authenticating against eDirectory

Starting with Messenger 18 you can only create a user who has a Groupwise Account or you have to give him a separate password.

I want to be able to create a messenger user who authenticates against eDirectory.
This was possible with Messenger 3. It is also done when you migrate from Messenger 3 to 18, but you cannot create such kind if account...
3 Comments
Admiral
Admiral
This looks like more as a bug than Enhancement Request, if you migrate users with some functionality, you should get same functionality for new users as well.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
Same here
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I need this too. Only wish to have our Mobility users enabled for using Messenger, but unable to do this because Group Assignment isn't supported. I want to assign only my MobilityUsers group to Messenger.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.