Display warning when out of office rule active

Idea ID 2786830

Display warning when out of office rule active

As a GroupWise user I would like to have a notice/warning in the Windows client and WebAccess when I have an active out of office rule enabled.
Usually people set up an out of office rule, when they leave for a longer period of time. When they come back, often they forget to deactivate the rule which can cause misunderstanding. But with a warning displayed in the client the ooo rule could be easily deactivated when not needed.
4 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
In Cornell there will be a small suitcase at the bottom right corner that shows an active Vacation rule - not a warning, but an indicator.
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Yes, I know, but there is nothing in WebAccess. And IMHO this tiny little icon can be easily misunderstood. A "popup like" warning that needs user interaction would be more reliable.
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
This is a good idea, but then I would like to be able to customize the out of office rule, since the rule which is build into groupwise is useless for us. I need to forward to another user also.
New Member.
Make the suitcase ICON show up with a subtle color animation when its enabled for all GroupWise clients (Windows, WebAccess, future MAC and Linux clients).
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.