New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Fully featured Linux desktop client

Idea ID 2781201

Fully featured Linux desktop client

We still need a fully featured Linux desktop client to replace the one that hasn't been developed since (or was removed from) GroupWise 8!
69 Comments
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
I agree!
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Hiri could be a good start as a new GroupWise cross platform client https://www.hiri.com/
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The Groupware-Client Evolution used to have a HW/SOAP Plugin long time ago. Why not update the code to make it compatible with current Evolution version https://github.com/GNOME/evolution-groupwise?files=1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
I agree on the proposition of making the Evolution plugin available again for GroupWise.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
With Linux apps now available on Chromebooks I feel that this makes a very strong case for a multi-platform GroupWise Client. So many schools are now migrating to Chromebooks and Gsuite along with it. Micro Focus need to be able to give them a reason to stay with GroupWise. A full featured client is essential to give GroupWise any chance of survival in these schools.
Commodore
Commodore
From LATAM we urgently need to have some alternative as a client for Linux and MAC!. Our customers claim to be able to have a solution similar to those that already exist, eg MailSpring or Zimbra Desktop. We are losing new customers and existing customers. Thank you very much team!
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Again and again, we need a native GroupWise Linux client.......
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
It's a pity, that the latest offical reply on the urgent demand for a native Linux client, or at least an option to get the windows client running via wine, is about one year in the past. That gives me the impression, that this issue is not considered seriously! What the heck is the benefit of investing in a bunch of new features, while loosing customers, due to the fact that they are left alone with version 8(!)? To me, the question arises "what would be the effort, to get win version running via crossover, compared to the losses of customers and bad publicity" - I mean, to be objective and reflective, could someone give some measures for this ($, €, ...)? I fully understand, that the parallel development of several platforms/clients is uneconomical... on the other hand, with todays possibilities in software technology - other companies provide excellent examples (!) - it should be possible to realize a mordern groupware system with a native client for all platforms running... especially if we talk about a product like a groupware system, which is, IMHO, not necessarily linked to windows alone, but rather instrinsicaly a cross platform business! However, I'm afraid, that we will have to wait for another couple of months/years/... to get the next dissapointing reply!? Please, persuade me otherwise! Cheers!
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
As we only need MS Windows Clients on many machine just because of the native GW Client we urgently do need this piece of software, and it does not need to be approved for all kind of linux flavours out there just do support the few major ones and hope for the best for the rest and don't think of wine or webaccess.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
AGREE - AGREE - AGREE VISION ? - VISION ? VISION ?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.