Fully featured Linux desktop client

Idea ID 2781201

Fully featured Linux desktop client

We still need a fully featured Linux desktop client to replace the one that hasn't been developed since (or was removed from) GroupWise 8!
69 Comments
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Native Linux and Android Groupwise client is very important for transiting to Linux Desktop IT.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The simple way could be able run ZENWorks Aplication Virtualization with GroupWise on Linux
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Not to have a native Linux client updated limits the quality of the product.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
As a SysAdmin working with SuSe/Novell servers I prefer to use a Linux desktop (which is also what I use at home). We really need updated Linux Novell apps. I would love to not have to rely on web access for email but to use an updated client instead.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Like Consultor I migrate a lot of company desktops from Windows to Linux when Novell push this change, but now I have a comapnies at the past with GW Desktop 8 😞
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Our GroupWise users needs native client for Linux and Mac, best available for GW2014 and GW2012.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Any update on this Idea?
Visitor.
Yes, at some weeks i voted on this item. I've several costumers, with several SLED, and is absolutely need a new gw 2012/2014R2 client for linux. At some years ago, Novell said to us, to sell SLEDs on the costumers, so, Novell should not abandon us now! Do Microfocus have some resolution about this idea? Thanks!
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The only thing to get attention is to make a lot of noise; try to get a lot of people to vote on the these idea's. Novell has tried to silently pull back on the support for Linux desktop. The Horrible GroupWise JAVA client for Mac and Linux scared most of us (and any early Linux desktop adopters) away. That, in my option, did not only hurt Linux desktop but also the OSX support story. Mind the lousy support with ZCM on Mac and the totally missing support for iPrint, Filr and Vibe on Linux desktop. For those on a SLED (I would say to just use LEAP now) device the're is a lack of upsell opportunities within this company. You FE have to turn to a 3th party for a good file sync solution, go figure. Can anyone post numbers on the amount of Linux desktops in their company? Just that is needed to make up a good business case. The radical turn around would be to add these workgroup and collaboration products (OES, GroupWise, Vibe, Filr, etc) in the SUSE business unit. And yes, open source and rebrand them. I believe THAT would create an opportunity for growth.
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
I totally agree with all your comments!. Like Consultant I migrated/suggested a lot of companies desktops from Windows to Linux. Now we have CEO's using MAC with old GWclients v8. 😞
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.