Fully featured Linux desktop client

Idea ID 2781201

Fully featured Linux desktop client

We still need a fully featured Linux desktop client to replace the one that hasn't been developed since (or was removed from) GroupWise 8!
69 Comments
New Member.
Why cripple GroupWise by making it impractical for Mac laptops to use a current client? Everyone knows someone who uses a MacBook Air. GroupWise 8 just looks old.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Totally agree, need to update this old client. Thanks
New Member.
Agreed.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I NEED LINUX GROUPWISE CLIENT!! update this old client!! Thanks.
Visitor.
I Agree!!! Its time to Novell /Microfocus update the Linux Groupwise client! Suse Linux Desktop is not from one of the group enterprise?! If we have Linux Groupwise Client we could sell more SLED !!! PJSS
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
I would settle at this point for an updated Evolution plugin or even an ActiveSync plugin for Evolution that would "play nicely" with Groupwise Mobility Service (Datasync)...
New Member.
My manager attended a MicroFocus conference last night and asked about any future plans for an updated GroupWise client for linux. He was told that 'there were no plans for it because the linux market share is so small in comparison to Windows/OSX. They won't start developing until it becomes commercially viable for them.' Think we might be out of luck gentlemen.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
That's not suprising. After more than year using SLED, I'm looking forward to get back to Slackware. I think, the quality of linux desktops causes the linux market viability.
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
I am said manager! Obviously with GroupWise 2014 R2 we have the option of CalDAV/CardDAV so you can use KMail, Thunderbird etc but it would still be good to get a native client again. I think we just need to keep banging on about this, and show that there is a market for it.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
This is magic circle. Most of GroupWise extra features are on client side. So using Thunderbird makes GroupWise only common email system. CalDAV and CardDAV are necessary for Mac users. But this does not enable them to use archiving, backuping, server side rules etc, which native client does. And what I know from my colleagues is, that at the moment there is no plan for new native linux client. So this discussion does not make sense. Nothing will change despite the fact how much people are shouting "we want native linux client".
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.