Fully featured Mac desktop client

Idea ID 2781319

Fully featured Mac desktop client

Whilst there are plans to allow native Mac apps to talk to GroupWise for email, contacts, calendar, etc. we still need a fully featured Mac desktop client to replace the one that hasn't been developed since GroupWise 8!
163 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Would be great if we could see some further development of a mac client.
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.
Marko - Think about it, no-one has commented here in 9 months until you !
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
It gets very old when Micro focus does not seem to care about an updated Mac client and will not do anything. Everyone that would like a new Mac client please post
Contributor.
Contributor.
Since I know GW - and in historacally this goes back to "WordPerfect Library 1" (pre-decessor), this is in multiple forms a "windless debate". Overtime I learned a few words : TCPO, Soap,Mapi, CardDav, Webmail,...Cloud Can it be ? Can it be Novell/Avangate/Microfocus lost track. Can it be it is urgently needed to look from a different angel an re-think the purpose and workings of GW client ? Microsoft is spreading out dull client wich I, nor me users fully understand. They get away with it ! Open source is bringing solutions more open than solutions ? I realise any client rebuild will be an overrhauld. I believe it is wordt to go to drawing tables and start the process. And first go to "board" and get a solid commitment and annd a cleardbudget ! In fact Groupwise Client is the BillBoard for Grouwise. Iw what 'users' see. By the way : I love the GW Clent for Windows Danny S
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I want a mac client but they have made it clear they don’t care and we have to use the native Mac client or I guess GMS and outlook. My mac users complain if I try changing them over to the native client. They would rather have calendars not working that put up with it. It’s soooo frustrating.
Contributor.
Contributor.
Despide the challenges to '(re)build a Mac(Linux ?) client, Microfocus SHOULD take this very serious.?? They are cutting in their own skin. I'am afraid they take the HPE takeover a little bit too serious? Danny
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Due to archiving, shared calenders our users still prefer the old gw 8 mac client instead of the native mac client. A full featured up to date client for Mac would be very welcome
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hiri could be a good start as a new GroupWise cross platform client https://www.hiri.com/
Contributor.
Contributor.
RE- QUOTE - toward Mike Bols - Take all this valuabe thougts up to the top level managemeny ! Just watched a replay of the GW 2014 R2 SP1 presentation. Mike presented a lot of great new features for PC users. Once again, Linux and Mac users are left behind. It's as if those users work differently in an office setting than PC users, they don't need nor use the same functionality??? Throughout the presentation Mike stressed the use of the ideas forum as a way to generate and vet enhancements with the client base. Inclusion into upcoming enhancements was based on voting [popularity?]. The Linux client topic is at the top of the voting with 128 votes and the Mac client topic is second with 118 votes yet, it's obvious they've been abandoned. This process appears to me like many corporate functions: lip service. I also wonder if Mike is caught between the corporate politics of upper management and the client base..... The purpose of this submittal is not to slam Mike Bills, it's obvious that the GW team, led by Mike, has made great strides with the GW application. It's very frustrating to be abandoned based on your infrastructure [Mac or Linux] when you can clearly see there are votes indicating their popularity. With some innovative marketing, Micro-Focus could make quite a dent in the "Exchange" base if they offered a cross platform client with the current feature set. And, lets face it, GroupWise as an email application is not in the drivers seat when it comes to client base size and shunning potential new customers. by: Jim R. | over a year ago
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.
It might be worthwhile for people who want a Mac client to indicate how many users they have on the thier platforms. Bottom line is - if we invest in a MAC client - Will there be enough users to get a positive return in 5 years? Groupwise management should be able to poll all their users to get an idea of just how big that market is. One would have to assume the market is growing. But can Groupwise grow with it? Based on their apparen silence - the results of that question is an unambiguous NO? So Mr. Bills - say it ain’t so!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.