GW Web should at least have the same functions as Groupwise Webaccess before it is discontinued.

Idea ID 2844319

GW Web should at least have the same functions as Groupwise Webaccess before it is discontinued.

Hello, after the update to Groupwise WEB, many features of the Groupwise webaccess are still missing. Adding contacts, changing contacts, sending screenshots in mailbody, changing appointments, adding appointment participants, adding personal appointments, moving appointments. And many other little things. I do not think that the available function is sufficient to cancel the Groupwise Webaccess, but this has already happened. It gets really bad when customers use the WASP, but there is no plugin in Groupwise Web yet. Retain plugin is also not available for Groupwise Web. Thus, the Groupwise Web Client cannot harvest flowers from users 🙂

10 Comments
Admiral
Admiral

You can still install and use legacy webaccess simply by installing from the 18.2.1 GroupWise install media, nothing is stopping you from continuing to use it.  Just development of the product is discontinued so they decided to remove from the 18.3 media to avoid confusion.  Otherwise installation of an 18.2.1 release within the 18.3 would cause unnecessary confusion and support requests asking why webacc on 18.3 is still reporting as 18.2.1.

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I.e. I offer both possibilities in my environment!

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Don‘t forget the missing personal signature.

Captain
Captain

Hi Dietmar, yes i do the same. The old webaccess has a lot of problem during using, calender ........ The new one has not all feature as the old one. So i offer a old one with bug, and a new one that has only a small function set. It's just very disappointing. Users just don't wait years for a usable solution. I no longer understand the development here.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@akronawitter --> what bugs are you experiencing in WebAccess and what build are you using?

Captain
Captain

Hello Laura, the groupwise webaccess has the biggest mistakes in scheduling. It looks like a recurring appointment planning is possible. E.g. Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and repeat the appointment on Wednesday and Friday. The result is not correct. If the appointment is then changed, duplicate appointments are created.

SR#101286422631 SR#101205592051 SR#101210934791

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@akronawitter --> thank you for the details.  These issues are down to be addressed in GW Web.

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Functions like being able to print an email?

Commodore
Commodore

🤣

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi,

Yes, the possibility of having the integration of the Retain plugin is very important.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.