NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.

Groupwise Mobility Services as appliance

Idea ID 2801905

Groupwise Mobility Services as appliance

The good idea is to deliver Mobility Services as appliance as SSPR, Filr and iPrint is.

5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

We do provide a SLES entitlement, which is like bringing your own appliance.   I will put this one into waiting for votes, but our current target is to containerize all of the services into docker containers instead of appliances.   If we do containerize GMS we would not do an appliance.

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Why not?

But the Installation is so easy on a sles12 or sles15 Server, i think it will not be necessary, but MicroFocus must take a decision?

Why not a appliance for all product? also for Groupwise!

We will lost our work, when only a button is to be pressed for ready Installation!

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I did vote for this because Microfocus appliances really work well.  But I was impressed with the docker install for GW Web.  IMHO, the best solution for GMS would be a docker install that acted as a true connector for devices into the mailbox instead of the current sync solution.  Stop replicating mailboxes onto the GMS server.

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

SSPR is developed in the Docker  and is the VA appliance. So no problem.

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I agree with @ketter I don't believe we should not be replicating data either.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.