Mass Change on User Visibility

Idea ID 2788532

Mass Change on User Visibility

I would like to have an option allowing me to change user visibility for all users inside of a post office.

By default all users are imported with system visibility level and I can change it only per user, so if I have 2500 users inside of a post office, I would need to open each of 2500 user objects to change user visibility.

We are operating in education market and have a lot of schools within our customers, the common scenario is a GroupWise server with 1 domain and 2 post offices, one post office for teachers and one for students. And if all users are imported with system visibility level, when a teacher opens address book he sees all the 1000-3500 students inside of it and it is kind of messy. For example if there is a student named John Doe and a teacher named John Doe, it can happen that the teacher send some critical email to the student and not to the teacher colleague.
2 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I solved it with a ReST API script - but you're right there is no out of the box possibility.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Went the same way. Have a REST API script to do this now.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.