Mobility file size limits, need control by user and/or group

Idea ID 2789079

Mobility file size limits, need control by user and/or group

Currently GMS's file size limit is per Mobility Server, but there are many times where we need a finer control. There are those users who just shouldn't be able to carry 'large' files away from the office, through to the super performers who normally don't have a big need but for some projects will need a much larger limit than anyone else needs. Having to have a high limit for the whole system just to cover the needs of one or a few, yields a much larger disk need for GMS. Finer control would allow us to keep the resource footprint down to a more cost effective level.
I see it being on an exception basis, where there is a base default for the instance of GMS, with the user limit being the higher priority.
2 Comments
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
We really need this also! I have one high level user that insists on getting large attachments on his mobile devices. So I have to bump the entire system size limit just for him, even though no one else needs this. Please add this capability!
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
This is also really a requirement as people can use other email clients that may not be directly supported by GroupWise to connect to get their email etc. When you are using a desktop email client you assume that you will be able to send and receive larger attachments than from a mobile device. SO I would like this too
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.