Rename vacation rule to out of office rule

Idea ID 2787978

Rename vacation rule to out of office rule

I like vacations and vacation rules. But many times I am "out of office". It's easier to explain to common users.
6 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
and being english we do not use the term "vacation" out of office is more universal.
New Member.
They could retain "Vacation Rule" and just add another option that is similar and call it "Out of Office Rule".
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I agree that a name change is appropriate. The purpose of such a rule is to notify senders that the recipient is unavailable. S/he may be on vacation, or on a holiday, or out of the office but there are other situations to consider.

Many people no longer work in an office and some office workers prefer to respond to email at specific times, for example, first thing in the morning or at the end of the day. Many of us expect an email response from certain recipients the same day or even within a few hours and if that can't happen a notification might be appropriate.

I suggest the name be changed to: recipient unavailable.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

FYI for anyone finding this idea...

This idea was duplicated at https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/Change-quot-Vacation-Rule-quot-text/idi-p/2797675

It  has been marked accepted!

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@ketter 

Thank you.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Duplicate

While this may have been entered first,  I noticed a duplicate Idea and marked that as planned for the 18.3 release.    I will close this as duplicate,  please add votes to the other idea to track status

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/Change-quot-Vacation-Rule-quot-text/idc-p/2811079#M6694

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.