New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Timezone in Appointment not correct

Idea ID 2830848

Timezone in Appointment not correct

I have created an appointment from 11-14 with the time zone Eastern European Daylight Saving Time (UTC+02:00)
My time zone ("work plan time zone"): Berlin (UTC+01:00)

Expected result: the appointment is displayed in the calendar at 10 am

current result: the appointment is displayed in the calendar at 11 am

In MS Outlook it works like this.
An SR (101307744311) at MF was unfortunately unsuccessful...

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I understand from the SR that Laura asked you to create and enhancement request.

Please let me know if you have done so already.

Thanks

Tarik

Ensign
Ensign

Hello Tarik,
I was actually hoping that a simple service request would be enough to fix this error 😉
Greetings Jens

Ensign
Ensign

@tbaki 
btw.
I am happy if you also vote 🙂

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

🙂

Ideally, I would agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, sometimes Support can not perform miracles. 😉

As an employee, I am not allowed to vote...

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

To fix this should not be a miracle!

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That's an Age old Discussion. 
Did you see https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7010234 ?

This is actually working as designed, and as this has been that way for ever since, changing the way it behaves would obviously cause lots of grief with users that know and accept how it works now.

Oh, and @tbaki : You are commenting on the Enhancement Request here.. 😉

Commander
Commander

I can understand that the administrators are not happy with the behavior. This is also difficult to explain to the user.
The standard answer from the user is mostly "It works with my Outlook at home". I'm looking forward to version 18.3 :-).

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You have users with Outlook (and Exchange) at home, that plan multi-timezone appointments on it? Wow. 😉

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.