eDirectory groups are not synchronized when copied to private address book

Idea ID 2779718

eDirectory groups are not synchronized when copied to private address book

In GW (14.2.2; OES 2015SP1) client (running on Windows-7/10) in my account I created a new address book, e.g. MyAddressBook. Then I right clicked a eDirectory group (let's say SpecialGroup) in GroupWise Global Address Book / Details and in the popped-up windows I copied this group to MyAddressBook. After that with iManager I inserted a new member into that (eDirectory) SpecialGroup. Then I synchronized this group in GW-Admin and it immediately shows the change I made with iManager. (Or wait overnight.)

BUT: The copied eDirectory group in MyAddressBook will not be synchonized.

Please, make that possible.

Best regards, Uwe.
4 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
It's important
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
We would be happy, if the eDirectory groups are synchronized when copied to private address book. We look forward to the solution Best regards, Ralph
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
We have the same problem in our school because teachers are working a lot of with groups to organize their mailing. Thank you for looking after the problem. Tom H.
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Even if we create a group in MyAddressBook with members (individuals and groups) from the GlobalAddressBook these are not updated after canges in GlobalAddressBook.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.