Restoring Messages for a GroupWise Resource

Restoring Messages for a GroupWise Resource

Problem

A Forum reader recently asked:

"How do you restore all messages for a GroupWise resource? The Groupwise Utilities > Backup/Restore Mailbox menu item is grayed out when a resource is selected. Isn't the procedure the same as for restoring a user's mailbox? I tried proxying into the resource from my account, choosing File > Open Backup, but I keep getting d107 errors (record not found).

I found a TID for GroupWise 6.5 that said to close the client, run groupwise.exe /@u- and log in as the resource itself. But resources don't have passwords. How am I supposed to log into it?"

And here's the response from Joe Marton ...

Solution

1. Log in to GroupWise as the owner of the resource via "/@u-".

2. Proxy into the resource.

3. Create a password.

4. Use "/@u-" to log in as the resource directly.

Labels (2)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2007-02-13 10:53
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.