Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

2 groupwise accounts in 1 Groupwise client

2 questions.

1) Is it possible to have 2 Groupwise accounts in one Groupwise client without adding the 2nd account as either POP3 or IMAP? the situation is when the user has two email addresses within the same GroupWise domain.

2) If number 1 is possible, can it be possible as well if the user has email addresses from 2 different Groupwise domains?

Many thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 2 groupwise accounts in 1 Groupwise client

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question 🙂

Short answer to both your questions is no and no 😞

Having said that there maybe a workaround for no. 1 - create two different email accounts and grant full proxy rights between the two. That will allow sending From different addresses. Problem is that the user is managing two mailboxes.

As for no. 2 - please vote here: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/549 for the enhancement request.

The community may have more workarounds to suggest.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the quick reply, Laura! Will definitely vote for the enhancement request.

laurabuckley;2464246 wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question 🙂

Short answer to both your questions is no and no 😞

Having said that there maybe a workaround for no. 1 - create two different email accounts and grant full proxy rights between the two. That will allow sending From different addresses. Problem is that the user is managing two mailboxes.

As for no. 2 - please vote here: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/549 for the enhancement request.

The community may have more workarounds to suggest.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are welcome. As I said, other members of the community may have better workarounds to suggest.
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jdelgado_16;2464239 wrote:
Is it possible to have 2 Groupwise accounts in one Groupwise client without adding the 2nd account as either POP3 or IMAP?

Depending upon your specific situation, there may be another workaround. If both accounts really belong to the same user, you could create a nickname to be used for the second account and even create a rule to direct all incoming email using that nickname into a specific folder. Essentially, you only have one email account but it would appear as two (or even more) accounts to everyone else.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.