Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

2014 R2 Conversations

Hello,

I'm new to using GroupWise and had a question. I've searched all over and cant seem to find an answer but I'm likely using the wrong wording or something. 

Is there anyway to set the view in the mailbox to conversations? Where as any email with the same subject will merge and only show one item in the mailbox, then if you want to see older messages you can just click on it or double click or whatever and have the older emails   listed?

If not then is it possible to setup a rule to automatically move an email to a folder after receiving a new email with the same subject?

Thank You

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I don't remember in which version this feature was added.  It might be in the version you are running.  Go to Tools > Options > Environment > General tab and look for "Enable conversation threading".  If that option is not available, you need to upgrade to GroupWise 18.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

AFAIK, conversation threading has been introduced with GW18. Personally, it's the very first thing i switch off.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@mathiasbraun  - You're right. Conversation Threading was introduced in GW18. After playing around with it several weeks I also decided to turn it off system wide.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

That is good to know, since I don't think we'll be upgrading anytime soon I will find a different way to do what I'm after. Thank you all for your replies.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@hailj conversations are not really new to GroupWise.

If you open a mail, you can go for "Discussion Thread". There you see all mails, which are linked to the open one. Wherever they are ...

discussion.JPG

If you prefer generally a discussion view, you are able to set it:
discussion2.JPG

Even really old versions of GroupWise support this feature.

However if you prefer a "modern" colored outfit - a chat view, then you have to upgrade to GW18.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.