Commodore
Commodore

2018 reply feature - should I roll-back to 2014 ??

Jump to solution

Good Morning:

a large part of my user base has been asking if we can roll-back to GW 2014. The reason is simple, people HATE the new reply method.  I have looked for a solution but have not found one.  Is a roll-back my only option?

Thanks, Chris.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Chris Mosentine 

Hi Chris,

Try turning Conversation Threading off.  You can do this in the client:  Tools | Options | Environment | General tab.... or alternatively in the Client Options at domain/poa/user level in the GroupWise Admin Console.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Chris Mosentine 

Hi Chris,

Try turning Conversation Threading off.  You can do this in the client:  Tools | Options | Environment | General tab.... or alternatively in the Client Options at domain/poa/user level in the GroupWise Admin Console.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Chris,

I had a little bit of push back also...not everyone but some people.  As Laura suggests, turn off conversation threading.  And then if you want to change the look, go into view settings and choose GW 2014 defaults and apply to other folders.  Gives you the look of 2014, but with the security and bug fixes and enhancements of 2018.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
Knowledge Partner

Chris,

that's one of my first steps after upgrading: switching off settings which my users are not expecting. In many cases you can turn off/on a lot of settings for your users (client options). Just now only a few settings have left which are in the responsibility of your users - especially folder view.

But you're in a lucky position because the current version of GW18 allows your users to define a folder view for many/all folders. This was not available in the beginning of GW18.

However you can l leave your GroupWise on version 18 (system), but your users can continue to use older clients if they want and if you allow ...

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Commodore
Commodore

Laura:  Thank you so much.  I was looking in the wrong place in GroupWise.  This solved the problem.

Chris

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Chris - my pleasure - glad things worked out for you 🙂

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It would be interesting to know how much userbase is using new UI in 2018 ? Does MF have any feedback, so they can react accordingly ?

Regs

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

It is a mixed experience in my case (I doubt that Microfocus has feedback numbers).

Good, old GroupWise users still like the old view. Columns, folders on the left side ... simple as it has been used for many years/decades. I assume that more than 90 % of users use the old GW2014 view - maybe even more would use it but GW18 pushed users to a "rich view" which admins cannot prevent 😉
In my sessions users were asking me how to I get the old view - everywhere.

However younger people often use the rich view. No columns, view details, view summary ... very similar to Outlook.

And only a few people - younger than the younger people above - like conversation threading because they grew up with it and are used to it.

And now I come to the peak. What a pity - only very few are using panel view! Panels are fantastic and will focus information in the way you need. Panels are great helpers to organize yourself. However you need someone who explains what to do to get what you need - you need training. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJAG5d-wGzs ; although to old because GW18 has a new way to accomplish.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello @Rimser I hope all is well!

I too agree that the Home screen and panels are not utilized enough with end users. We are trying to create videos for the GroupWise 18 client that would help with the need for trainings like this. If we were to spend time in creating a more updated video for "home screen and panel view" would that be something you are interested in and would distribute to your end users? Let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jeff Parkes

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.