Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

450 Host down

I have successfully migrated GW8 (domain, po, gwia, webaccess) from a NW65 box to SLES10sp2 VM running on XenServer 6.2. All users can access their mailboxes thru GW clients on the PC workstations or WebAccess. The system can also receive mail from the Internet... but is unable to send mail.

DNS on the network is running properly and I can nslookup with the DNS within the network from the VM running GW8.

I am checking the GWIA object using ConsoleOne on the VM, but the GroupWise tab is missing from the Properties screen. I've checked TIDs but doesn't seem to help the problem.

Any clue? Below is the error alert in my mail box when I was testing outbound mail.

================================

The message that you sent has been delayed.

The reason given for the delay:
450 Host down (gmail.com)

Information about your message:
Subject: Test mail @ 1213
GroupWise Message Id: 53CC9359.A8F:154:26027
Message log tag: 523851
Number of send attempts: 6
Time of initial send attempt: 07-21-14 12:13:20
Time of last send attempt: 07-21-14 16:41:48
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 450 Host down

... forgot to mention... the GW is of version 8.0.3. I can access the GW objects using ConsoleOne that comes with the installation zip file from Novell.... but all changes on the GW objects don't seem to take effect... I've disabled pop3 using the gwia object via ConsoleOne, but I can still retrieve mail from my mobile with pop3.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On the machine running the GWIA, try and telnet some mail hosts outside your network on port 25. If you cannot connect, this is probably a firewall issue.

Uwe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* glio wrote, On 07/21/2014 11:46 AM:
> I've disabled pop3 using the gwia object via ConsoleOne, but I
> can still retrieve mail from my mobile with pop3.

Check the gwia.cfg. A setting there will override your C1 settings.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! It seems to be a firewall issue. Now the error is gone....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.