marksammon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AD User Synchronisation - Phone Numbers

Hi,

I have a mix of Groupwise users and Users linked to AD accounts.

1) In the Groupwise Web Management interface I can see that the AD users have synchronised and on the General tab (uneditable) are the details from Active directory, including phone numbers. However, when I use the address book in the GW Client, I only see the users name and email address, no phone numbers are displayed.

How do I get the phone numbers from AD to appear against the contact in the client?

2) If I login to the MTA and tell it to do an LDAP syncronisation, will it only affect those user accounts that have been linked with Active Directory? Will it try to import any users? Will it affect any accounts that are Groupwise only accounts?

Thanks

Mark
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: AD User Synchronisation - Phone Numbers

Hi Mark,

Login to the GroupWise Admin Console. Go to the Domain and click on the "Address book" tab. There are two columns.... "Address book fields" --> this is what get's synced to the address book. If Telehpone number is not on the list you need to move it over from "Available fields".

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
marksammon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: AD User Synchronisation - Phone Numbers

Hi Laura,

That was it thanks

Mark
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.