ckhanson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ALIAS - how to remove ?

Groupwise 2018.0.1, Windows 2012 server

Our GWIA displays a number of "old" Gateway ALIAS's ... and we cannot remove them. We can access the Object ID (user) and view the alias assigned to the account, but we cannot remove the alias.

Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ALIAS - how to remove ?

Hi,

In the Admin Console, if you go to the user object, Objects tab, select Gateway Aliases from the menu on the left-hand side, do you see the alias's set there, and can you remove them?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ckhanson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for the l-o-n-g delay ... too many distraction about this time of year. I did check the object and there was no alias displayed. It does show in GWIA Gateway Alias' ... The person was moved from one Post Office to another and a name change applied (at some point). All works fine, just an administrative item. Maybe archive messages, delete the object, and create a new object and un-archive to the new ID would help. Or possibly we need to take the time to rebuild the domain DB.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Maybe this will assist you: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023603

Please do let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ckhanson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Solved - It may have been me?
--> User Object tab, then Gateway Aliases and the alias is removed.
This is exactly as documented. And it worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.