tfe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

APPCRASH in gwsync when checking pop3 account

Hi,

my GW 2014 Client on Windows prompts an appcrash window "Groupwise Remote Synchronization does not work anymore..." while trying to fetch mails from my pop3 account.

Details:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: GWSync.exe
Anwendungsversion: 14.0.0.25243
Anwendungszeitstempel: 5334b2f5
Fehlermodulname: GWWWW1.dll

It happens on different pop3 accounts randomly. I saw this also with GW 2012...
Opening the same GW Account with same GW client version on a different machine (same OS, Win 8.1), don't have any errors....

Anyone see this too?
Suggestions?

thanks and regards
Tobi
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: APPCRASH in gwsync when checking pop3 account

Hi Tobi,

Considering that your issue is only happening on one PC I would suggest recreating the user profile on the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
pbucher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you could try the new gw14.0.1_client that was released yesterday 🙂
0 Likes
tfe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nope....

even with a new user and the 14.0.1 Client....:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: GWSync.exe
Anwendungsversion: 14.0.1.27118
Anwendungszeitstempel: 53eab8f3
Fehlermodulname: GWWWW1.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 14.0.1.27118
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 53eab851
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 000b1fa5
Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Zusatzinformation 3: d1d9
Zusatzinformation 4: d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

Is there any known bug with this issue?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I am unable to find anything in Novell's Bugzilla relating to this sort of crash, so unfortunately no bug number.

I still suggest that you recreate the user profile on the affected pc, particularly if this crash is isolated to one machine.

Your other alternative is opening a Service Request with Novell Technical Support and getting them to take a look at what's happening. They have the ability to raise a bug/defect if indeed one is found.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
tfe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I figured out, that this is not a local issue. I already recreated the user profile, the issue was the same again.
But also using another machine - when connecting to the same mailbox in online mode the client crashes.
Opening the same mailbox in caching mode works perfect.
btw.. The mailbox was checked with gwcheck without any problems before....

So I guess it's a bug. I will open a SR.

Tobi
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tobi,

Please do let us know the outcome of the SR so that we can all learn from this. Thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
tfe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

I could resolve the issue for myself.
In both mailboxes we have seen this issue were hundreds of entries in the "Accounts->Pending Requests" Dialog, all concerning the different pop3 accounts. Most pretty old actions from 2013. Maybe there were conversation errors with the pop3 server in the past - I don't know.

So I guess when the client in online mode tried to start the pop3 session, it first tried to work on the pending requests queue what resulted in the gwsync.exe crash.

I deleted all items in the queue and started the gw client again.
Everything works fine now.

So, the solution for this is: check the pending requests and delete all old stuff...

Regards
Tobi
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tobi,

So glad that you managed to fix the issue. Thank you very much for reporting back - that way we all learn 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.