Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Access to cabinet folder contents via Proxy

Hi there,

We have a combined mailbox which I and my colleagues have full proxy access to, but for some reason I can't see any messages in the cabinet folders whereas my colleagues can. I can see the messages when using web access but not on GW client (currently using 8.0.3 but not working on 7.0.4 either). If the folder has subfolders I can see these, just not the messages.

I've tried poking around with the settings, but haven't worked it out yet. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks, H.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access to cabinet folder contents via Proxy

harvie milligan wrote:

> but for some reason I can't see any messages in the cabinet folders whereas my
> colleagues can

So, does this follow you to another workstation? I suspect that you have a
"filter" on that is causing trouble. Have you right-clicked these folders and
gone to properties/display to make sure you have mail "checked" to show in the
folder?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access to cabinet folder contents via Proxy

So, does this follow you to another workstation? I suspect that you have a
"filter" on that is causing trouble. Have you right-clicked these folders and
gone to properties/display to make sure you have mail "checked" to show in the
folder?

Yes, any workstation, with GW7 or GW8 client installed.

I changed one of the subfolder's "settings name" field to 'Received items' (it was 'All Items') and the messages reappeared. Changing it back hid them again.

They all disappeared at the same time and I wasn't aware of making any changes to the settings, but it looks like whatever happened it applied to all cabinet folders. Is there a way to change the settings back on all folders rather than resetting each one individually?

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.